Friday, October 24, 2014

Beyond Eternity to Like a Virgin 

For every heart there's a new world waiting 

Thank you for stopping by. Let's take a moment to open our eyes. 


Beyond Eternity (poem)


Meer time will perish long before
Ocean waves won’t kiss the shore
And clouds will all forget to sore
Yes all of this and so much more
-
When flowers will neglect their bloom
With their fragrance air won’t groom
And colors in their stillness loom
Yes all of this must first meet gloom
-
Sweet music will no longer play
Its meaning will just slip away
Dread silence will have more to say
Yes all of this will darken day
-
Warm summers cease to follow spring
Soft stars no longer wonder bring
And memories won’t mean a thing
Yes all of this and empty sting
-
But far beyond eternity
And all of this joins use to be
My heart will sing out Joyfully
How beautiful you are to me

Let's take one more step beyond with Enya's vision of  Karl Jenkins' "Adiemus" 

Are you ready for this 

When I heard of a real Catholic nun seriously singing Madonna's "Like a Virgin": I was dumb-struck. But not as much as when I heard, the Main Library at Indiana University used to sink over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building. 
I heard about Sister Cristina Scuccia an Italian Ursuline nun who won the 2014 season of The Voice of Italy over the news (without hearing or seeing her rendition). All I had was the picture of Madonna singing "Like a Virgin": As a result of Sister Cristina Scuccia's victory, she also won a  record deal with Universal. I purposely evade my review of her performance so you might have a similar awakening. I learned something about myself. Needless to say, Sister Cristina Scuccia's video has gone viral. (Why)
Catholic or not watch Sister Cristina Scuccia and welcome. "Like a Virgin" 
 

Now tell a friend about this blog 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and suggestion(s).
Or email  me at mhatter99@hotmail/com
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow: http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/

And thank you 

No comments:

Post a Comment