Monday, October 6, 2014

Woopee! 

Not just a cushion... I made week 4 

The weird experiment continues and I thank you for your support 


Can There Be Rainbows (poem)

Can there be rainbows if you are not there
The scent of flowers toying with the air
My sunlight promise warming heart with flare
These questions far from your side I must bear
-
Until there comes again some summer’s day
And we again enjoy our youthful play
In love we’ll find our shelter from dismay
I’m sorry that I had to go away
-
My country called and sent my running there
To aid and serve her what part could I play
My pride and honor washed away dismay
As war and leaving you I had to bear
-
What-ever passed to eat another day
Confusion was the flowers in the air
And home’s reminders where our hoped for flare
Your heart and mind are never far away
-
Now cold of lonely lookout I must bear
Above me sounds of dying men now flare
The scent of mass destruction steals the air
Can there be rainbows if you are not there

To go with this poem I've chosen: "Th End" by The Doors from Apocalypse Now 

And 

Did you know in 1923, jockey Frank Hayes won a race at Belmont Park in New York despite being dead? He suffered a heart attack mid-race, but his body stayed in the saddle until his horse crossed the line for a 20–1 outsider victory. This has nothing to do with the attached video. I just thought you would find it interesting. 
Now for today's viral video here's: "Stop-Motion Parkour". 

Now tell a friend about this blog 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and suggestion(s).
Or email  me at mhatter99@hotmail/com
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow: http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/ 

And thank you 

1 comment:

  1. The poem brings too much sorrow, I felt when I read it hovering fall.

    ReplyDelete