Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Common Melody  to Sainsbury's OFFICIAL Christmas 2014 Ad 

Two hope filled reminders of the good buried in "mankind's" heart 

"There will be a day..." 


A Common Melody (poem)

A melody upon the sea
A silent voice that called to me
What did it bode it would not say
But from its spell I could not flee
-
That no one heard caused some dismay
Perhaps this fate was meant this way
That only I could feel the sound
While other people felt their day
-
So to the ocean I was bound
My thoughts were spinning so profound
What secret was awaiting there
What symphony makes my heart pound
-
Sweet music seemed to fill the air
And to all else I’m unaware
Till I then kissed the promised shore
To find what fortune had to share
-
But then the music was no more
Just faces wond’ring what it’s for
What set us drifting to this place
What special need did sea restore
-
And there it was upon each face
A special smile a special grace
That shared this common memory
That somehow vanished but this trace

I thought this song went well with this round: Diane Arkenstone "Voice Of The Sea" 

Plus 

Did you know Alabama was the first state of the United States to recognize Christmas as an official holiday, and the tradition began in 1836? The reason I bring this up is Sainsbury's (the third largest chain of supermarkets in the United Kingdom) Christmas ad for 2014 features an event which happened in World War I. 100 years ago, on Christmas, soldiers along the western front of a viscous war put down their weapons and met their enemies in peace... men just like them, fighting and dying for their leaders and their case. The short film is very moving and brings out a hidden truth. 
Enjoy and reflect on "Sainsbury's OFFICIAL Christmas 2014 Ad" 
(Gain some shocking insights into wars by reading about the Word War I Christmas Truce and how and why they ended)

Now tell a friend about this blog 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and suggestion(s).
Or email me at mhatter99@hotmail/com
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow: http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos load slow.)

And thank you 

No comments:

Post a Comment