Monday, December 1, 2014

The Beggar to Christmas Miracle: Spirit of Giving 

What is a miracle... Awakening and sharing 

A poem of one person touched. A viral video to touch us all. 


The Beggar (poem) 

Upon a lonely crossroad beggar set
Dark clouds consumed my skies the day we met
And though I tried to put aside my fret
Confusion which I wore would not abet
-
The beggar asked a moment of my day
To share with him what reason took away
A strange request was all I had to say
Yet to his plea a sense in me did sway
-
Beside the beggar soul and I sat down
As in his situation I did drown
He begged his life from people of the town
What did he do to wear this filthy crown
-
In time he set unto compelling tale
And with his winds was caught familiar sail
He spoke how hesitation turns things stale
Confusion’s cloud which could a life derail
-
He spoke of times we both had long forgot
When corners turned were not with troubles fraught
Of times when paths we chose new hope was brought
When we were dreams outside a doubter’s thought
-
Was born this urge which called me to move on
With clarity my path ahead was drawn
And when my past my eyes were set upon
The beggar of that past was strangely gone


Here's Ry Cooder "Feelin' Bad Blues"

Ready 

President Calvin Coolidge was the first president to light the National Christmas Tree on Christmas Eve in 1923. With that out the way, I want to thank one of our fans, Mike, for bringing this video to my attention. For those who don't know, I was asked to head the Marine Corp Toys For Tots program for my Masonic Lodge. In 4 years, my volunteers and I brought the Christmas Giving program to involve the entire Masonic family of the San Francisco Bay Area. No wonder I was thrilled about this video. WestJet (WestJet Airlines Ltd.) is a Canadian low-cost carrier that provides scheduled and charter air service to 91 destinations. Since 2012, the company has built 23 homes as part of its charitable efforts in the Dominican Republic. In 2013 Westjet released a moving, joyous viral video of the company bringing Christmas to a village of the Dominican Republic. With the many successes of this video and the company's efforts, Westjet brought Christmas to the people of Nuevo Renacar to further Westjet's successes. There is a famous song with the words, "...and let it begin with me."
And now for a bit (or more) of inspiration: "WestJet Christmas Miracle: Spirit of Giving" 

Now tell a friend about this blog 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and suggestion(s).
Or email me at mhatter99@hotmail/com
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow: http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos load slow.)

And thank you 

If you missed or want to view a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).

No comments:

Post a Comment