Monday, January 5, 2015

Who Waits to “Slap her": children's reactions 

A tale of mystery to one of heartfelt wonder 

After the video is done you'll be glad you didn't miss this edition 


Who Waits (poem) 

In the silence of the night 
There beside a pale street light
Casts a shadow’s gloomy sight
Imagination’s dreams ignite
It’s there he waits

Not a single sound was made
Yet from my sleep I was bade
To my window drew the shade
And what I saw made reason fade
For there he waits

Please I shouted go away
No attention did he pay
But my mind he draws his way
Come out and play I sense wind say
Come see what waits

So to the street I do go
For wind’s secret I must know
And this question called me so
Was shadow friend or was he foe
The answer waits

Now it’s clear just what I saw
Still my reason fills with awe
Rubbing eyes for any flaw
Reality begins to thaw
And there it waits

In the silence of the night 
There beside a pale street light
Casts a shadow’s gloomy sight
Imagination’s dreams ignite
It’s me who waits


To go with this mystery I found: Peter Murphy "Cuts You Up" 

Get ready 

There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball, so stop counting and watch this video. The original video is from Italy and went mildly viral a week ago. It came to the United States and was re-released with subtitles yesterday and is now going wild. The video addresses: What happens when you put a boy in front of a girl and ask him to slap her? An Italian video journalist, Luca Lavarone, conducted this social experiment with several boys aged between six and eleven years old on a busy street. The boys were introduced to a girl and asked to pay her a compliment, caress her, make a funny face to make her laugh... and then they are told to slap her. The boys' response, captured by this video, is going to touch something. 
The boys' response... a  heartfelt wonder "'Slap her': children's reactions" 

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s).
Or email me at mhatter99@hotmail/com
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow: http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos load slow.)

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 

If you missed or want to view a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column). 

No comments:

Post a Comment