Friday, March 20, 2015

The Secret to Girl Scout Knows More About Business Than You 

Only a river of life knows this lover's secret 

But a girl scout freely shares her secrets 


The Secret (villanelle) 

Twas then I faced my final destiny
Upon my cheek that kiss which wasn’t right
A secret that is drifting in the sea
-
It started as a distant memory
We bared our hearts and held each other tight
Twas then I faced my final destiny
-
Each day contained the dreams of you and me
Our songs of love did echo through the night
A secret that is drifting in the sea
-
We pledged to love like this eternally
Within our eyes we searched for our delight
Twas then I faced my final destiny
-
Then came this flowered fate that couldn’t be
A shadowed figure challenging our light
A secret that is drifting in the sea
-
You asked of me alas to set you free
I loved you so your Joy I couldn’t spite
Twas then I faced my final destiny
A secret that is drifting in the sea


Introducing to you and to go with this villanelle: Маликов Дмитрий "Сатиновые Острова" 

Now 

The first cookies sold by Girl Scouts was by the Mistletoe Troop in Oklahoma, in December 1917. The most Girl Scout cookies sold by one individual since then was by Katie Francis. This 6th grader set the record by selling 21,477 boxes of cookies, (No, not to the same person.) Coincidentally, she is from Oklahoma. After working up to 7 hours a day and up to 13 hours on weekends to perform this amazing feat,  Katie made this funny parody to share her secrets. 
This is the real Katie Francis. "This Girl Scout Knows More About Business Than You" 
(This video carries this disclaimer: This is a parody. Katie Francis is an extreme example of what a Girl Scout can do. No actual people were hurt, verbally abused or made to cry during the making of this video. Katie and producers of this video made sure they upheld the Girl Scout Promise and Law the entire time.) 
In fact, Katie said she quickly learned that to be successful in sales, you can't take "no" personally.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
Or email me at mhatter99@hotmail.com
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow: http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
And lastly, click on one of my advertisers, if you could
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



No comments:

Post a Comment