Friday, May 8, 2015

The Quiet Promise to Putin's Speechless Speech 

A silent promise whispers to a lover's heart 

While silence is the key to the best speech not heard 


The Quiet Promise (villanelle) 

Familiar the voice which then called to me
And calmed me back that dark and lonely night
Across the quiet promise of the sea
-
The day was done my soul sought harmony
Sweet rest the goal that now I had in sight
Familiar the voice which then called to me
-
I waited for my dreams to set me free
And once again to bless me with their flight
Across the quiet promise of the sea
-
When far away tide sparked my memory
This now distant star which was my delight
Familiar the voice which then called to me
-
My tears sought reasons to this destiny
That my love should wait now far out of sight
Across the quiet promise of the sea
-
I then closed my eyes to all that must be
A stranger was there whose arms held me tight
Familiar the voice which then called to me
Across the quiet promise of the sea

To add some depth to this, I came across this video: Ryan Farish "Walk With You" 

Sound familiar

According to Guinness World Records, the longest speech ever made was one by Chief Mangosuthu Buthelezi, the Zulu leader, when he gave an address to the KwaZulu legislative assembly between 12 and 29 of March 1993. He spoke on 11 of the 18 days, averaging nearly 2½ hours on each day. Mario Wienerroither, a YouTuber and a parody master, has put together the best political speech ever heard (or not heard). Here is a speech that not a single can argue with. What is even more remarkable is the fellow giving the speech, one Wladimir Putin, president of Russia.What I found interest was the audience. Look familiar? 
Are you laughing or wishing? "Speechless Speech / WLADIMIR PUTIN" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
Or email me at mhatter99@hotmail.com
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow: http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
And lastly, click on one of my advertisers, if you could
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 


No comments:

Post a Comment