Sunday, May 17, 2015

Voice I Heard to Guy Thinks He Birthed A Basketball 

One man searches for a truth and finds it staring back at him 

Another man's search for humor becomes much too real 


Voice I Heard (villanelle) 

While standing at the verge of what might be
A time too distant for heartbeats to tell
The voice I heard was calling after me
-
It asked what through my window did I see
I gazed across the ways I knew so well
While standing at the verge of what might be
-
My doubt filled eyes prevented clarity
But once truth was clear how could I dispel
The voice I heard was calling after me
-
There was my reason and purpose set free
Pray what would I do as curtains all fell
While standing at the verge of what might be
-
But where could I run where might I flee
To escape sound of soul’s lingering swell
The voice I heard was calling after me
-
And opening door to my reality
I met the one who had broken my spell
While standing at the verge of what might be
The voice I heard was calling after me


Here are The Pointer Sisters pointing the way: The Pointer Sisters "You Gotta Believe" 

Now to a less serious time 

James Naismith, a teacher at a YMCA in Springfield, Massachusetts, is credited with inventing basketball in 1891. Now here's a guy who likes basketball even though he's a bit of a sexist or maybe a bit childish. We learn two lessons from this video. One: some jokes may backfire, as they did in this (senseless) video. This video was created by The ScubaGuyz, who hope to breakout on YouTube. This, their first attempt, is being promoted by College Humor (via CH2) as part of their contest run through USC's Comedy@SCA program. You may, very well, be seeing the first of the next BIG YouTube channels. 
Oh yes, the second lesson is: use protection when playing basketball. "This Guy Thinks He Birthed A Basketball" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
Or email me at mhatter99@hotmail.com
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow: http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 


No comments:

Post a Comment