Friday, June 26, 2015

Moment Made So Right to Pre-Game Pump-Up 

Love's mood prepared a flame no darkness can extinguish 


Teammates' prepare their team for the big game but go a little too far 


Moment Made So Right (villanelle) 

There never was a moment made so right
Till dreams were starlight captured in her eyes
As memories embrace and kiss the night
-
And all at once unreal was in my sight
As echoes of forever felt my sighs
There never was a moment made so right
-
My soul aflame then shouted hold her tight
Within sweet fragrance floating in the skies
As memories embrace and kiss the night
-
I’m taken by the splendors of delight
Through feelings only lovers can surmise
There never was a moment made so right
-
But then again came flicker to the light
Cruel fortune turned tomorrows into lies
As memories embrace and kiss the night
-
Yet in my darkness some things reunite
My heart in taken off by true reprise
There never was a moment made so right
As memories embrace and kiss the night


(You might notice that I try to add a little conflict to the poems. I find that it creates a level of depth. I was very fortunate to appreciate my partner's power over my conflicts. Just to have her near, hear her voice, see her picture or recall a memory we shared and problems turned to flakes.)

To capture this is this song and video: Jennylyn Mercado and Janno Gibbs
"Moments of Love" 

But not all moments are this right 


Wearing a red jersey makes a better home team. Supposedly this is not a myth. A study done in England shows that the teams that wore red jerseys at home did have a better home record. No, wait... That's soccer. But I'm pretty sure the same might apply to American football. (Actually, I don't have a clue.) What I do know is the pre-game pump-up is very important to rouse a team for the upcoming game. Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele (Key and Peele), of Comedy Central, re-enact one of those Ra-Ra sessions for us. 
Only one small problem. They get a little carried away. "Key & Peele - Pre-Game Pump-Up" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
Or email me at mhatter99@hotmail.com
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow: http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 


No comments:

Post a Comment