Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Drifting In A Memory to Ballin' Out Of Control 

A couple make a memory for ever 

A ball makes a memory for its owner 


Drifting In A Memory (repeating lines poem) 

Sipping in what used to be
Past has come to comfort me
Whispering a melody
Through a window none can see
Promising to set me free
Drifting in a memory
-
Sitting in a lonely room
Laughter now replaced by gloom
Hope is now a distant bloom
Sacred scent of lost perfume
Sipping in what used to be
Drifting in a memory
-
Once again I feel her kiss
Once was me contained in this
My soul forever lost in bliss
And for this all else dismiss
Past has come to comfort me
Drifting in a memory
-
Once again I hold her tight
Gazing into distant light
Tomorrow’s dreams held in sight
And my heart she did incite
Whispering a melody
Drifting in a memory
-
Then came the time to say goodbye
Yet there was no need to cry
Hand in hand I soon found why
As together we did fly
Through a window none can see
Drifting in a memory


(In this poem I used the last two lines of each stanza to maintain the memory. I tried to set a strong beat pattern in the first four stanzas. The conflict and resolution comes in the last stanza. The beat deteriorates. A question is raised. The memory returns. Also note: the use of present tense "can". - Arlene and I were of the Disco generation. Nights would see us and our entourage at our favorite clubs. Yes, Arlene and I would sometimes venture out on our own, but most of the time time we were with members of a dance troupe and a very popular hair salon. It was a spectacular time. Before Disco began to decay, we all went our own way, through the windows of our memories. In 1996, I was put in charge of my Lodge's parties. Guess who returned, to set many more memories drifting. Just a hope that some things really don't die)


Here's a great video for all of this. I hope you enjoy it. 
Veronika Voss "Memories Are Made Of This" 

From two lovers to one ball 

(but not your average ball) 

Golf the only sport (so far) played on the moon (on February 6, 1971). Astronaut Alan Shepard hit the famous golf ball. Not quite as famous, is a ball bought and set in motion by the members of Corridor Digital. Corridor Digital  is a Los Angeles based digital company consisting of Sam Gorski, Niko Pueringer, Jake Watson and Wren. The team enjoys creating videos that toy with viewers' imagination. We've all seen what happens to balls when they are thrown, hit, kicked, bounced, rolled, tossed, et cetera. But niw, we get the ball's view point. 
So sit back and follow the bouncing ball. "Ballin' Out Of Control" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
Or email me at mhatter99@hotmail.com
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow: http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
And lastly, click on one of my advertisers
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 


No comments:

Post a Comment