Monday, August 3, 2015

Sorrow Of A Sigh to funny version of "Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation" 

One man trades success for his fairytales 

A fairytale is brought back to lighten up a tried and true 


Sorrow Of A Sigh (villanelle) 

He thought he heard the sorrow of a sigh
When challenge of adulthood struck his face
The day he wished the fairytales goodbye
-
The road to his success he would apply
All other roads from this he would displace
He thought he heard the sorrow of a sigh
-
The hours of work the limits he would try
So much this man’s compulsion would erase
The day he wished the fairytales goodbye
-
His feeling paid for things which went awry
Till from the emptiness which filled the space
He thought he heard the sorrow of a sigh
-
At last he climbed his mountain to a sky
Where cloud of sweat have hidden every trace
The day he wished the fairytales goodbye
-
Now in his castle lifeless doomed to lie
There from a window filled with moonlit grace
He thought he heard the sorrow of a sigh
The day he wished the fairytales goodbye


(I used the villanelle form to tell the story of a man who made a major sacrifice for a "success". Note how the same words can change, depending on the context. -. Like the man in this poem, I am given to, all encompassing, compulsions. Fortunately, something happens to put an end to an episode. One of these episodes was my adventure into photography. It seems I was gifted with a natural eye.  With the aid of a dance/modeling studio, my friends the hair stylists and the great pictures I took, business kept increasing. All this was happening while I was working for Chevron. I used the money, I made, to buy more and better photo equipment. I gave Arlene a share for her help. So in the end, I made no extra money. As time went on my compulsion took control. Every spare moment was given to the models and photography. The only reason I saw Arlene was she was helping me. Unlike the poem, I didn't see what was happening. Though I enjoyed the constant parade of beautiful women in my house, my compulsion kept everything professional. Arlene's self confidence began to wane, plus she might have felt ignored. She told me,  that the photography had to stop. And just like that, Arlene saved me.)


If you haven't seen the movie, Here's the music: Sam Lee "Citizen Kane" 

Now to the less serious 


Mission: Impossible was a television series (1966 to 1973) that was created and initially produced by Bruce Geller about secret government agents known as the Impossible Missions Force (IMF). Now it is a movie, "Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation", starring Tom Cruise. Todd Spence went one step further. Todd is a Los Angeles based  illustrator and painter. He has also found a niche making YouTube videos. Todd is also a Chris Farley fan. Since they are trying to resurrect the IMF, why not resurrect Chris Farley and why not put the two together? 
Is Todd successful or did he run into a Mission Impossible?  "Chris Farley in 'Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation'" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow: http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
And lastly, click on one of my advertisers
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 


No comments:

Post a Comment