Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Heartbeats to Skrillex Does Fartstep 

A lost lover follows the call of heartbeats 

An artist follows the call from much lower 


Heartbeats (pulse poem) 

Heartbeats
Echo
In the
Darkness
-
Heartbeats
Telling
Ever’s
Story
-
Heartbeats
Ending
Silent
Weeping
-
In my
Hour of
Mire and
Madness
Heartbeats
Turn to
Days of
Singing
-
Stinging
Ringing
Bleakness
Bringing
Heartbeats
Bears the
Truth of
Life now
-
Lonely
Only
Heartbeats
Hear me
Heartbeats
Hold me
Heartbeats
Sharing
Bearing
Flaring
Heartbeats
-
She is
Gone now
Taken
By the
Moon lit
Heartbeats
-
Waiting
For my
Dreams to
Take me
Beyond
Heartbeats
-
Hear her
Calling
Beyond
Heartbeats
-
Crying
Just
Beyond
These heartbeats


(i could have called this a free form poem, but beats are so important to this exhibition that I went with the title pulse poem. I bet it didn't take you long to figure out this poem is not only titled "Heartbeats", it has the same pulse. "Heartbeats" is repeated throughout the poem as a reminder of the beats and to be as loud and disturbing as this lover's heart surely must have grown. Note that the beat was broken on the last line. I wonder why. - I faced death several times during my life. One of those times was at Point Reyes. I was cliff climbing with three of my friends. I love the wilderness. Unfortunately, everything I know about the outdoors, I learned the hard way. This day I would learn about shale. I was bringing up the rear, of the climb. I didn't notice that as we were climbing, we were also wiping out the path. I didn't notice until 10 to 12 feet from the top. There I was, on a small ledge high above a rocky shoreline. There was only one way down and it wouldn't be pretty. There was no more paths up or down and, of course, these geniuses didn't bring a rope.  If you have ever shared my position, you know how our heartbeats become more pronounced. The cliff wall was so brittle, I was able to carve out little holes with my bare hand. But would these hold me? What choice did I have? The wind was picking up and there was no telling how long it would take for help to arrive. To the shouts and encouragement of my comrades I scurried up the cliff using the holes I had dug out. As soon as I came in arms' reach two of my friends grabbed whatever they could. The third person had a firm hold of their legs. As soon as I reached the safety of the top, I kissed the ground, and broke out in dance. Mine wasn't the only heart pounding extra hard that day.)


This all calls for a heartbeat song: 
ToM PiCK - David Foster "Where Does My Heart Beat Now"


I smell a new hit song 


Chubby Checker was credited with the 1960 dance craze the Twist, popularized by his hit song "The Twist".  In fact, "The Twist" was originally released by Hank Ballard and the Midnighters in 1959 and the dance had been around for a while before this. Now, Skrillex has a new dance craze sure to rocket off. So that we are all on the same page: Skrillex is the stage name of Sonny John Moore, a Los Angeles based electronic music producer. Rumor has it, Skrillex was fired with the inspiration for this new sound while eating at his favorite Mexican restaurant. It took him 30 long, lonely days to gather the samples he needed.
Join the fans, who are moved to tears, as we too become smothered. "Skrillex Does Fartstep" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 


No comments:

Post a Comment