Friday, September 18, 2015

It Took Him to Get ready for summer 

One man is taken through his memories of spring 

Another man unstores his memories of summer 


It Took Him (changing poem) 

It took him to spring that far away land
Where dreams cast by stars were always at hand
The smallest delights somehow became grand
Endless tomorrows were at his command
-
Here kisses would rain far more than he planned
And passionate flames were easily fanned
As flowers of love were set into flight
Their reason has left yet they understand
-
Such memories made without a demand
The seas up ahead seemed smooth and bright
Yet somehow he’s blind to his human plight
And soon he will feel things start to disband
-
Those things of his youth will vanish from sight
The fears of the old begin to ignite
What specter is this which clenches him tight
A shadow unknown with grief to expand
-
Then from his garden comes his ray of light
The scent of jasmine to return things right
There as he rested for his future fight
It took him to spring and kissed him goodnight


(A poem which starts with one rhyme and ends with another. This time we're addressing a man and time. - Yes, that is me. The first is a picture of me when I was on my college's fencing team. The joke is: At my first tournament I was looking as "every girl's dream". In my first match, I was retreating and tripped over me own feet. I landed on my tailbone and was in so much pain, I couldn't continue. The worse was yet to come. At my next fencing practices, my instructor had a hard time not laughing when he saw me. The second picture is a much older me. I became a big egotist. After all, I had accomplished so much. To counter my egotism, I served coffee and cleaned the tables at masonic functions. The joke is: My willingness to serve put me in higher regard among my fellow masons. "The great Martin is serving me coffee!" Oh well. I tried.)


Here's to memories: Joe Girard "It Was A Very Good Year" sung by Frank Sinatra 

From spring to summer - From sentiment to laughs 


The longest place name in the world is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, a hill in Hawkes Bay, New Zealand.  About 438 miles away, in a place called  Greymouth, New Zealand lives Leigh Hart (That Guy). Leigh is a  performance artist and owner of Moon TV, a New Zealand television comedy show. In the latest episode, Leigh gets ready for summer. (In September?) He visits his storage locker to get a few things. A few things, like memories. Memories which are source of laughs. ) 
Get ready for the unexpected. "Get ready for summer" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
And lastly, click on one of my advertisers
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 


No comments:

Post a Comment