Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Pathway to the Referee 

A person follows a pathway to his dream 

A gang member follows a pathway to his colors 


The Pathway (English sonnet) 

I wandered down this pathway all alone
To breathe in things I never felt before
With every step my heart cried out for more
A dream perhaps has scented this unknown
-
What purposes would this journey help restore
What wind of thought would timelessness dethrone
What tattered place was waiting to be sown
Were mindless things this pathway breathed ignore
-
So on I went to leave all else behind
As memories called play with us awhile
Distractions came and tried to cloud my choice
-
Alone with pathway soul of me resigned
As in the distance wonders would compile
And in its midst a soft familiar voice


(If one takes a second look at this sonnet, it can easily be taken at many levels. We can take it as a walk in life. We can take it as a path to, or back to, a loved one. We can take it as the steps to a goal. These are just a few examples. Please, share what this poem brought out in you. - From where I sit, I am very happy with my life. Many are the pathways that brought me here. If that young man, who started on his pathway, could see the old fellow he would become, I wonder what would play in his mind. I was fortunate to rarely have to walk alone. On each new pathway there were people at my side to guide me, to help, to encourage, to keep me company. Then there was Arlene, my wife, my partner, my lover, my friend, my companion and so much more. Now I don't consider myself a religious man. And I certainly don't force my beliefs on anyone. You may catch me talking to God. I will admit, while on my pathways I talked to God. I believe all those, who are now gone, are still with me on my current pathway. And where is my current pathway heading? Let's find out.)


Talk about pathways, here's: Vangelis and Vanessa Mae "Roxane's Veil" 

You may laugh, but some take the pathway to the bitter side 


According to the National Gang Intelligence Center of the Federal Bureau of Investigation ihere are approximately 1.4 million active street, prison, and outlaw gang members comprising more than 33,500 gangs in the United States. One of the newest suburban gangs is the Willow Drive Devils. The Willow Drive Devils is a motorcycle gang (without motorcycles) comprised of a group of dads who cruise the suburb of Willow in their Hyundai, thunk up by the gang at Above Average. In this episode, one of the members is trying to earn his colors by passing the gang's test. 
It is rumored the Willow Drive Devils can be found on weekends,when there is no baseball, basketball or football at the Willow Target parking lot. So look out. "Referee - Suburban Sons" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 


No comments:

Post a Comment