Saturday, October 3, 2015

Stardust to One Way To Get A Phone Number 

One set of lovers proclaim their love in stardust 

One set of lovers proclaim their love in a phone number 



Stardust (English sonnet) 

Did stardust exist before our eyes met
So funny the things I just can’t recall
I wonder if world existed at all
But song in the air I’ll never forget
-
It sang to my heart let pale reason fall
And enter a realm where dreams never set
It’s just passed this kiss yet far passed regret
Where wishes are free and senses enthrall
-
Then time held its breath to moment so dear
As eyes spoke the words of lovers so new
-
Then flowers enchanted this passing so near
As stars up in heaven gathered to view
-
Then all I once knew would soon disappear
As stardust like rain proclaimed I love you


(If one is looking for the traditional iambic pentameter beat of a traditional sonnet, one won't find it. After all, the speaker is lost in love. From the confusion of the beats appears the repetition of the "then", leading to the conclusion.- It wasn't "love at first sight" that started the love affair Arlene and I enjoyed. It was a magic tear that Arlene shed, and touched my arm, on that night we said our goodbyes (or so the legend goes). Oh ya sure...A magic tear. Well, that tear was a small example of the spells Arlene could weave over me. As the years with Arlene went on, she still had the power to make my heart and soul feel like a moment was the first time. The first time we met, the first time we danced, the first time we kissed.... Perhaps one could explain it all. Perhaps a reason can dismiss the fantasy. Perhaps a girl was playing on a guy's needs. Analyse it all we want. Or give in to paradise.)


So let's add a little stardust: Nat King Cole "Stardust" 

Next victim 


The term “love” is from the Sanskrit lubhyati, meaning “desire". I try to explain this to my Filipino wife, as I tell her, "mahal kita.". No matter what the explanation ":love at first sight" could happen to anyone, anywhere. BuzzFeed Video gives us an insight into a couple who have so much more in common. In the modern world, a phone number is more important than a kiss. Will he get it? 
Remember, this is supposed to be funny, so put aside an awe or two and laugh, "The One Way To Get A Phone Number/ 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
And lastly, click on one of my advertisers
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 


No comments:

Post a Comment