Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Shadows to Halloween Light Show 2015 

In the darkness a man's shadows come alive 

In the darkness a house once again comes alive 


The Shadows (poem) 

Tearing
Bearing
Unsparing
Sitting in the darkness of his own creation
No well lighted doors
To help him escape
From the shadows
In the mirrors
Calling
Return
-
Staring
Glaring
Despairing
Distorting rain stained windows to a use to be
What is it they want
These shadows of when
Dancing upon
Tears of his heart
Moments
To burn
-
Sparing
Daring
Declaring
His soul shouts out the echoes of its tortured plea
Make your meaning plain
Or leave us alone
Alone in this
Mire of lost time
His to
Discern
-
Whirling
Twirling
Unfurling
The world of his room started spinning frustration
Shattering all glass
As the shadows screamed
Opening doors
Welcoming light
To fate
He’d yearn 


(I hesitated calling this a free form poem, As each stanza begins and ends in rhyme. The rational behind this structure is the character's slip to a different reality. The conclusion of the poem is entirely to the reader, - My shadows were stress. Whether it was a performance on a stage or an idea come to life at a major oil company, there was the stress. Oh yes; one can practice for days and hours, go over and over every detail. but the "moment of truth" will do what it will do, especially if one insists on something new. This stress was particularly harsh on me when Chevron bought the fifth Xerox high speed copier in commercial production and I was chosen to operate it. At that time, this was a new technology, No one was really sure what this new thing would do. My stress level went way up. I would break out in rashes, because of the stress, Long ago, a former employer, David Lupinski, told me the story of a man who carried around a heavy rock. People asked him why. He answered, "Because it feels so good when I put it down." So it became with me and stress. It felt so good when the stress was over. The Xerox copier was improved and I now needed new adventures. I didn't know it, but I had become addicted to stress. Many more high stress opportunities came my way. As my body adjusted, the rashes went away.  As I turned toward my attention, and risky behavior toward charity endeavors, my shadows again came to visit me, reminding me of the jobs that were lost and the changes all around do to my need for stress. In the confusion, which we have created appeared a new door. Another tale for another edition.) 


Let's see; A tale of shadows, Halloween is approaching, 
what tune can I pull out of the hat: Camille Saint-SaĆ«ns "Danza Macabra" 

Halloween is approaching, time to decorate the house 


Halloween's origins come from a Celtic festival for the dead called "Samhain." Celts believed the ghosts of the dead roamed Earth on this holiday, so people would dress in costumes and leave "treats" out on their front doors to appease the roaming spirits. Speaking of Halloween and tradition, Edwards Landing Lights is back. Located in Leesburg, Virginia, Edwards Landing Lights has made a name for itself by putting on a Halloween light show that no one has matched (yet). Over 8,500 lights and over 2,500 channels of computer animation bring "Downtown" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Added this year, the music no longer blares from the house. Edwards Landing Lights has made arrangements to broadcast the music over FM radio, which the neighbors appreciate. 
Edwards Landing Lights wants ti wish everyone a happy and safe Halloween. "Halloween Light Show 2015 - Downtown by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our 
standing in our own sunshine.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment