Sunday, October 11, 2015

You to How To Get A Girlfriend 

Thoughts of a lover obsessed with his girlfriend 

Efforts of a lover trying to get a girlfriend 


You (poem) 

Who knew of the storm which would brew
The instant my eyes set on you
And what was this poor soul to do
But plan all I’d hope for toward you
-
Soon you were my whole point of view
Till all that I thought of was you
Now you are the song I dance to
Each heartbeat is now you you you
-
Gone was the world which I once knew
Those carefree times we used to know
When from our dreams all hopes once grew
And from a pup a man would grow
-
And what a man the world would see
For there was nothing I can’t do
Believing there was only me
Until I set my eyes on you
-
I had my dreams and maybe two
Now sleepless nights revolve on you
The reason all of this is due
Because I’m so in love with you


(Have you ever been obsessed with someone? Then this poem struck home. The speaker is obsessed with a girl. The poem begins with every line ending with or rhyming with "you". He realizes his obsession and tries something new. He makes one mistake or can't break his obsession. After two failed tries the poem, and the lover, return to the original rhyme scheme. - Arlene and I got married July 27.1974. But the other important date was April 27, 1965. The day after our first kiss. The day we started going steady. We would celebrate both of these days. The first kiss took place in front of library across the street from Arlene's school. 20 years years later, I reenacted that first kiss. I made arrangements with Arlene's job, at the time. Ladies, close your eyes, Imagine sitting at your desk. Outside comes the sound of mariachi. You rush to the window with your coworkers and see your lover surrounded by 5 mariachi. Arlene ran through the door, into my waiting arms, reenacting (minus the mariachi)  our first kiss.)


The mariachi didn't play this, but it captures the mood: 
Oscar Hammerstiein "All The Things You Are" 

WARING - This is not how not how to get a girl 


Studies show the time it takes to receive a reply text from your date correlates with the length of your future relationship. I hope this video was meant entirely to be a comedy or else Andrew Hecox and Anthony Padilla, of Smosh, have a big problem. Anthony guides us through the techniques he uses to get a girlfriend. Anthony is unattached. I wonder why. But then again, I've been out of the dating scene for some time. 
"Follow these simple steps and you'll be on your way", the ad says. The question is: on your way where? "HOW TO GET A GIRLFRIEND" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
Or email me at mhatter99@hotmail.com
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow: http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Life consists not in holding good cards, 
but in playing those you hold well.
Josh Billings

No comments:

Post a Comment