Saturday, November 7, 2015

Monotony to Montage Machine 
One person searches release from a monotonous cycle 
One person searches release from those moments between successes 


Monotony (poem) 

I sat down with me
And what did I see
Reflections of me
-
Now how could this be
I then said to me
What mad fantasy
Has left me with me
-
Was easy to see
How much I loved me
But it’s misery
A whole world of me
With nowhere to flee
-
So I said to me
If this mockery
Must happen to me
And eternity
Shall hold only me
Monotony
-
My sad tearful plea
Was mirrored by me
Who apparently
Felt same way as me
Who searched for a key
To rid me of me
And live happily
-
In council with me
We formed strategy
Which pleased every me
Who all did agree
A happier me
Our plan would set free
When sleep released me
Stop being such an egotist


(This poem may look simple, but there's a lot going on. We all probably noticed that one line was added as the poem progresses. Did we also notice, except for the last line, the strict adherence to the beats? The poem, as a whole, was meant to sound both comical and serious. The tiresome repeat of the "EE" sound was a set-up for the final line. - So here I was. Life wasn't easy, but I married the girl of my dreams and I did so much. It all came to head in my masonic days. I was in my 40s, but the Masons, as an organization, were so old I felt like I was 20 again. I was a great ritualist. My parties and programs were attracting men to the fraternity.  By introducing a family atmosphere to this traditionally male organization, more men attended meetings. In 1999 I was honored, by San Francisco, for my efforts with the public schools Was I bit of an egotist? You bet I was. I tried to bring my egotism under control by serving coffee and cleaning tables, at Masonic events. When I volunteered at "Soup Kitchens" I took the jobs no one else wanted. I took every opportunity to laugh and joke at my shortcomings. Are you ready for this? With all my efforts to curb my big head, people would say, "Look at that Martin. As good as he is, he can still lower himself to serve. Isn't he great." You just can't win. Does this poem relate to me? A little.)


Can there be a more fitting song: Carly Simon "You're So Vain" 

Now for those boring moments between greatness 


Legend has it Thomas Edison was fired from his first two job for being too "non-productive", before going on to becoming one of history's greatest inventors. Wouldn't it have been great if Edison could have forgone these two incidences and gone directly to being a great inventor? Wouldn't it be great if we could all forego those drudgeries and go right to the end result? Ian Andrew Hecox and Anthony Padilla, of Smosh, think they cave come up with a solution. The Montage Machine. It takes all those boring moments between our greatness and turns them into a short montage. 
I can think of a few house cleaning session this would come in handy."MONTAGE MACHINE" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Our greatest glory is not in never falling 
but in rising every time we fall.
Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment