Sunday, November 15, 2015

So Certain to Big Bird Interns At Funny Or Die 
A person learns about himself 
Big Bird learns about comedy


So Certain (free form poem) 

So certain of the things he didn’t see
Floating in the vast clouds
Of things he had learned
Of things he was taught
Of feelings
Of dreams
Of things which might be
-
So certain of it all
This leader of men
No fear held him back
Confidence blooming
Over streets once dark
As once strangers rushed to his name
-
So certain was he
Of the meaning of the day
The purpose behind life
The footsteps of people
Which he touched with his ear
Resounding something they had misplaced
An island of hope
-
Why shouldn’t he be
Taking the glory of so many dreams found
Restoring songs forgotten
Father of smiles
Reason for doing
I want to be something like him
-
So certain
He forgot
He was human


(Ironic, this is a free form poem. There is a message in its form. We have long stanzas extolling the glories of an individual, followed by three short lines of another truth. - Life really was pretty good to me. My childhood was a bit rough. I was never financially rich. I'm sure there were things I missed out on. But the things I did... Money? Who needs money, when people are constantly vying for your attention? Time? People are always commenting on how short it is. I, on the other hand, have lived in a time that was long enough to do wondrous things. How does one get an egotist to do things? Give him an award. You should see my wall. It is covered with awards. I have trophies, medals, pins, ribbon and letters. But all that aside, I am human. And so the poem. Lucky? (This poem may spark something completely different in other individuals.))


I offer for your enjoyment: David Bowie "Heroes" 

Here individuals learn different lessons 


Big Bird, Sesame Street's 8 foot 2 inch bird, lives in a nest behind 123 Sesame Street. Not many know that Big Bird was an intern at Funny Or Die. Funny Or Die is an Emmy-winning comedy video website and film/TV production company founded by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay. The website contains exclusive material from a number of contributors as well as maintaining a staff of it own. It is rumored (at least by Entertainment Weekly) that Big Bird is trying to break out of children’s daytime television. 
How did the internship go? You be the judge. "Big Bird Interns At Funny Or Die" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
Thank you for clicking on one of my advertisers
(Sometimes videos may load  a bit slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend  



Experience is the child of thought, 
and thought is the child of action.
Benjamin Disraeli 

2 comments:

  1. Certainty, confidence and self worth were largely missing in my upbringing. And some of them still are.
    Interesting to look at another perspective. And I too am human. With all that it entails, the good and the bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. My brother told me, be the best You you can and enjoy this gift.

      Delete