Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Brighter Morn to You Become An Aunt 
One person finds inspiration just beyond a window 
One person just became an aunt 

           author Bill Holland

The Brighter Morn (villanelle) 

If ever there’s a brighter morn to see
A world were all my children are alright
Then let the hope of change begin with me
-
I think back to that grand once used to be
And wonder in the sun of my delight
If ever there’s a brighter morn to see
-
But even in that distant memory
When yonder winds would wander in my sight
Then let the hope of change begin with me
-
And with each change came new complexity
Till at my window gazing coming night
If ever there’s a brighter morn to see
-
As things moved on I felt no longer free
Where was that one who said when things were bright
Then let the hope of change begin with me
-
Then from the hillsides voices filled with glee
Whose song an echo of a common plight
If ever there’s a brighter morn to see
Then let the hope of change begin with me


(It's been a while since we've seen a villanelle. A tale of person, who seems to have had a good past. For some reason all that changed. He wonders for a brighter day. In the distance he hears a familiar voice with the hope of fulfillment. - Bill Holland is a friend of mine. In respect to him, I will not go into his background. Suffice it to say, he went through some hard times, but found within himself the inspiration to make a positive change and become a successful author. We are all individuals. The curse of being individuals, in my opinion, is we all follow our own path to happiness and fulfillment. Some paths may be the same; some different; some similar or combinations thereof. On our unique ways, we have our own special hands, voices or whatever, to guide us on our ways. Some are blessed to have all they need "inside". For me, it was my light combined with the right people at the right time. Life can be truly amazing.)


Some inspiration to help us to see: Odetta and Boys Choir of Harlem 
"This Little Light of Mine" 

From enlightenment to becoming an aunt 


Probably the most famous aunt is Aunt Jemima, of breakfast pancake fame. The Quaker Oats Company first registered the Aunt Jemima trademark in April 1937. The controversial name and image of Aunt Jemima originally came from a minstrel shows of the time. Since we have stirred up the pot of stereotypes and controversy, let's go all out with an attack on aunts. To helps us on our tasteless, yet funny, path are the folks of College Humor. (If I'm going down, I'm taking them with me.) 
Note that this skit has a nice warning (or foreboding) for those engaged in stereotyping. "What Happens When You Become An Aunt" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
Thank you for clicking on one of my advertisers
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



I find hope in the darkest of days, 
and focus in the brightest. 
I do not judge the universe.
Dalai Lama 

No comments:

Post a Comment