Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Tortured Shadow to I Ate All Kid's Halloween Candy 
What tortured shadow creeps in the night 
What tortured shadow takes over kids when their Halloween candy is gone 


Tortured Shadow (English sonnet) 

What tortured shadow waits amid the night
Its sorrow hungers for forgotten soul
It feels a need which nothing can console
And nothing is the source of all its might
-
Within the razor blackness of its hole
What piercing perils lurk to steal my sight
My wreathing body joins the others’ plight
As grave unknown my nightmares now control
-
Resolve yourself unto the morning’s glow
Each ray of life grants purpose to the day
The welcome words and friendship of my peers
-
Through warmth and hugs I felt the evil go
My Joy was such that weeping came our way
And terror rose the blood stains of my tears


(Here is an evil mystery. As the sonnet starts, I tried to describe a foreboding menace. The triplets bring with them a ray of hope. Then the final line leaves us with a gruesome mystery. "Surprise Factor" - This poem was inspired by an acquaintance of mine, Bruce. Bruce was an unusual individual who lived with his specters. He was a lonely, troubled soul and a real hard worker. He rarely took a break and often worked through his lunch. I think, what brought us together was we "dressed to shock". Our clothes were a bit extreme for the corporate world. Bruce invited me over his house for dinner. Imagine, in your mind, a haunted room. That was Bruce's apartment. From the onset Bruce shared the entity or entities ( I wasn't sure if it was just one or many) that lived with him. Though I am open to ghosts, I have never seen one. In fact, I have met many charlatans, who should have turned my belief. I was fascinated and taken in by Bruce's account of his shadow(s). As he went on, Bruce talked more to them than he did to me. He became disturbed, that they didn't show themselves. He began to shout, calling it a coward. As he grew more agitated, I felt the need to go, rather than to try and calm him down. He didn't notice me leave. That Monday, Bruce didn't show up at work. I'll end the story here and leave you to your imagination.)


Let's see what we can pull out of the hat to go with this: Herbaliser "Something Wicked"

Let's turn the clock back to the day after Halloween 


The famed candy corn was invented by George Renninger, an employee of the Wunderle Candy Company, who invented candy corn in the 1880s. In 1900, the Goelitz Candy Company (now Jelly Belly Candy Company) started producing this "delicious treat". For the last four years, it has become a tradition of Jimmy Kimmel Live to ask parents to tell their kids, they ate all their Halloween candy and send Jimmy the video. 2015's compilation is now completed and the kid's reactions have not let us down. 
I wonder, would the reactions have been the same, had the candy been candy corn. "YouTube Challenge - I Told My Kids I Ate All Their Halloween Candy 2015" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.
Napoleon Bonaparte

No comments:

Post a Comment