Friday, December 25, 2015

No Hope to Frisbee 
One young man is caught in the game of love  
Another young man is caught in the game of Frisbee 


No Hope (Martin verse) 

There was no hope not one at all
For this young lad to meet his fall
It happens to both brave and tall
And when it does he won’t recall
-
The foe a little princess fair
Who hides behind some comely stare
In hopes to catch him unaware
Before he senses danger there
-
There is no hope for him at all
Her lips have come into his stare
Now for all else he’s unaware
Ask him his name he won’t recall
-
It isn’t right it isn’t fair
Without a fight in love to fall
Was he too small and it too tall
Perhaps his mind just wasn’t there
-
And in the end he won’t recall
He’ll make up tales and make them tall
What was the reason for his fall
Another kiss it says it all




Martin verse uses five stanzas of four lines each. Though a meter is desirable, it is not essential. Once the eight words are selected they cannot be changed, though they may be added to (Examples wary: unwary, come: become, more: anymore).  The first two stanzas introduce the eight words. The third and fourth stanzas mix the words of the first two stanzas. The fifth stanza uses the words of the first stanza, in reverse order.

How many men can relate to this poem? Me? I might be the worst (or most magical) example. The fairytale of Arlene and Martin began with a legendary tear that fell on my right arm on te night we said goodbye. From that night's dream on, I fell hopelessly in love with Arlene. Imagine, here was a schoolgirl whose boyfriend would do anything for her. This was a fact she would often show off to her girlfriends. It didn't stop at love. Let's say Arlene wanted a new car, an expensive dress, more shoes and such. I hear "Marty", as only Arlene could express it (thank God), and the answer was, "Yes". Before you get on my case, some of you men surely know what I'm talking about. And you ladies, don't be coy. You know you have this power. Amor, my new wife, Was much older than that schoolgirl, when I started courting her. When she realized she wanted me, she turned on that "female whatever" and I was lost. Like Arlene, Amor's girlfriends had to put up with all the things I did for her. Consider this my confession, my warning, my Thank You.


Need I say more: The Everly Brothers "Til I Kissed You" 

What does falling in love and Frisbee have in common 


Walter Frederick Morrison, the inventor of the Frisbee, came up with the idea as a teenager throwing lard popcorn tin lids with his girlfriend. Now that we are Frisbee geniuses, can we catch one? Willie Sleight & Taylor Misiak (of Hotel For Dads) learned how to catch one and decided to take Frisbee to the next level. 
Now, recapture one of the secrets of the Frisbee, lost since the 60's. "Hotel For Dads: Frisbee" 
(What does falling in love and Frisbee have in common? - Absolutely nothing.) 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
And lastly, click on one of my advertisers
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)


Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



You know when you're in love 
when you can't fall asleep 
because reality is finally better 
than your dreams. 
Dr. Seuss

2 comments:

  1. Great poem. I have seen Martin verse timing before, but I had no idea of there was a rule to it.

    ReplyDelete