Wednesday, December 9, 2015

River Flow to Fun Day in Roller Coaster Tycoon 
Life can be like a river flow 
Roller Coaster Tycoon is brought to life 


River Flow (Martin verse) 

A dream I had so very long ago
To join the wind which helps life’s river flow
To be a reason that the flowers grow
A helping hand which hope will come to know
-
I fell in love as other people do
I got a job to see my household through
I cared for wife and children as they grew
And for this while this was that dream came true
-
But in my sleep danced thoughts of long ago
Of something that I never quite saw through
Of something lost as other somethings grew
Its truth my world right now refused to know
-
And I grew old as other people do
There’s comfort in my now so daily flow
The dancing in my sleep with time would grow
But who I had become denied it’s true
-
Sorrow’s regret a friend that I would know
As flowers danced so cold did I now grow
And as I sat and watched the river flow
A dream I had so very long ago


One more Martin verse. If you are interested in writing a Martin verse go here: https://suite.io/martin-kloess/6fyr2z2. Let me know if you write one, so I can guide people to your site (free).
I try to choose a poem that has something to do with the video, even if loosely. That explains why we might see a repeat of particular poetic form, day after day.
I think I touch on this in a previous edition. I went to college to become a music teacher. An educator, in the Board of Education, gave me an insight into the future of my chosen profession. I therefore took an opportunity offered me, to work for Chevron Oil. I got married and raised a family. I did become a soccer coach for kids, for 13 years, which included volunteering at a Catholic school and an elementary school. I also became an educator for the Masonic fraternity and even came up with new way of teaching Freemasonry to candidates and the general public. Okay, here is were I and those of us who live a full life relate to the poem. As we look upon the river of our life, I'm pretty certain it wasn't all we planned. Yet as we look across the waters, we met the currents to the one we are now. A dream we had so very long ago.


To go with this theme I found this: Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris "Lost On A River" 

Life is like a roller coaster, so is a video game 


On June 16,1884, the first roller coaster in America, the brainchild of LaMarcus Thompson, opens at Coney Island, in Brooklyn, New York. On March 31, 1999 MicroProse and Chris Sawyer released the computer game "Roller Coaster Tycoon". On December 8, 2015 Andrew McMurry (of Andrew M Films) brings an amusement park video game to life. 
It's a shame Andrew isn't a better gamer. "A Fun Day in Roller Coaster Tycoon!" 



Thank you for stopping by and your kind support



Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)


Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



We must be willing to relinquish the life we've planned, 
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
Joseph Campbell


2 comments:

  1. Great post! The poem really has a meditation feeling to it. You are correct life is what we never plan. It just happens day to day and we can be present in every moment. I also like the last quote by Joseph Campbell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. easy for me to say, Live while you can.
      thank you, as always

      Delete