Sunday, December 20, 2015

The Window to the Truck Flipper vs the Bus Puncher 
One lady stares through her window toward a future 
One lady stares through her window to reclaim something lost 


The Window (Shakespearean sonnet) 

She stares into the window of her world
Beyond the reasons which make up her day
The scent of flowers dreaming was unfurled
Upon her wings what wonder would betray
-
She searched the meadows of her hopeful heart
Through memories of music in the air
And every feeling seemed to play its part
To make sure every whim she wished was there
-
And through her window is no need at all
She’s free to dance and chance this timeless space
No past or future here to stop her fall
For she is found and lost in lover’s face
-
Oh window teat her warm and treat her kind
That through your view some happiness she’ll find


This sonnet depends heavily upon metaphor. It has no real resolution. It introduces us to a person and tries to develops some sort of feeling toward her. Then, as we depart, comes the pay-off (the feeling we are left with).

When I worked at Chevron, there was this lady, Beth. I used enjoy having lunch with her and the occasional break times together. That was the extent of our relationship , except for the occasional cakes and cookies. Beth was a great cook. It was Beth who made me a blood donor for he Red Cross. She did it by challenging my manhood. So to prove that I was a real man, I became a blood donor. I think Beth liked our time together because I was a good listener. It was easy. Beth had a great voice and compelling insights into her life.  Beth had a lot of troubles meeting men. She was very unhappy with her life, even though she had a good job. (She made more money than me.) I think both Beth and I felt we had something special going for us that was too important to risk by taking it to the next level. One day Beth was more excited than I had ever seen her. She had been accepted as a crewman in an oil tanker. It was the last week I would be seeing Beth. Years later, Chevron Shipping wanted me to make their year's safety magazines into a book. I ran across a picture of Beth with her shipmates. She seemed happier than I had ever seen her.


To celebrate a life and a dream, here's: 
Puccinni "L'elisir d'amore" (Produced & Remix Arranged by Nanie Dinsay) 

Are we ready for another window into more surprises 


One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today is not because it is a drug, but rather because cotton growers in the 30's lobbied against hemp farmers. They saw marijana as competition. What does this have to do with a truck flipper? What's a truck flipper? Next you'll tell me you've never heard of Rocket Jump Productions or Freddie Wong. The spin-off to Rocket Jump The Show? Mary had a little lamb? Strawberry jello with marshmallow topping. 
Thoroughly confused? I'm not sure if this Rocket Jump video will help. But, it is enjoyable "Truck Flipper v Bus Puncher" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
And lastly, click on one of my advertisers
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)


Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Happiness often sneaks in 
through a door you didn't 
know you left open.
John Barrymore

3 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo.
    I could get back in today. And no annoying ad took over either.
    I am so glad that Beth found somewhere to be happy.
    And resent the fact that I can no longer give blood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad to have you back. Google is still working on our problem.
      Beth is an excellent example of a person who took a job they were qualified for, as opposed to male/female.
      thank you for everything

      Delete
  2. Correction. It threw me out and put up the same warning.

    ReplyDelete