Saturday, January 9, 2016

Moment In The Park to Douche Board Commercial 
Lovers' walk in the park takes on a whole new meaning 
Lovers' walk may be a memory if products like the Douche Board are introduced into our lives 


Moment In The Park (English sonnet) 

Another lonely moment in the park
Is all that’s left of lovers once so grand
The people look yet still don’t understand
Why sorrow in him hasn’t left its mark
-
The sunlight saw them strolling hand in hand
As daily they displayed how lovers lark
And on their path would other hearts embark
Till she fell victim to life’s last command
-
The people closed their eyes to moments past
Perhaps her death has put him in some blur
-
They looked at something special which he cast
He walks around with smile which clouds can’t stir
-
What lovers’ secret has his heart amassed
They close their eyes again he is with her


There is nothing hidden in this English sonnet. I depended entirely on painting an endearing picture.

The poem is not about me, though I've seen elderly persons strolling in the park alone and imagined them strolling with there memories. How romantic. In truth, I don't really know. What I do know is: everyone deals with the loss of a loved one differently. Everyone. I speak from years on experience dealing with deaths and separations, and the loss if my Arlene. Oh yes, some of experiences may be similar, but not the same. For me, it was like an unreal shut down. Like a part of my body was no longer there. The things Arlene and I enjoyed doing together, I no longer do, like walks in the park. At first, I was very angry, but this gave way to peace and beauty. I still don't walk in the park. When I was called to the aid of someone who was dealing with a loss or impending loss, the most value I can offer is to honestly listen. Not just act, but honestly listen. If I was asked for advise, I would say I didn't know exactly what they were going through. My response carried more of everything after I lost Arlene.
I was blessed to have lived a dream with Arlene. As we moved on with our dream we enjoyed the memories we made (and survived). Enjoyed. So for us  and those memories, it would not be fitting to be sad. Sure I miss Arlene, but it would be a poor legacy to crown our moments together with anything but life's finest gems. Build memories beyond. Okay, perhaps this poem was more about me than I let on.


Let's add some romantic music: Brad White and Pierre Grill "Lullaby" 

Let's take our walk to the world of laughter 


Did you know that in the 1950s, Hiller's aircraft produced the "Flying Platform", which was similar to the modern concept of the hoverboard? Now-a-days "hoverboards", (those things on wheels) are everywhere. Just as we are dealing with kids (and adults) not getting enough exorcise here comes the hoverboard craze. More and more companies are taking advantage of this money making phenomenon by producing them. Seeing the money making potentials and not wanting to left out in the cold Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla, of Smosh, have produced a commercial for their new and improved Douche Board. 
Walking becoming an inconvenience? "DOUCHE BOARD COMMERCIAL" 
(One problem - Smosh has not made any Douche boards) 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, 
love leaves a memory no one can steal.
From an Irish headstone 

4 comments:

  1. Listening is always a gift.
    As is knowing that we all experience things in our own way. Differently doesn't mean wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, the Nazis were still producing aircraft in the 1950s?

    ReplyDelete