Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Pain to Nuclear Hiccup 
One man searches for the pain's refrain 
While another deals with his hiccup's refrain 


The Pain (poem) 

Persistent dreams won’t explain
Source of this meaningless pain
Echoed in nightly refrain
Which has me in endless before
-
Silence I wished to obtain
Something to deaden the pain
Reason is sought to attain
This spark which has opened my soul
-
Myself I fought to maintain
Person pursued by some pain
Mindless of nothing to gain
Uncertain of just where we were
-
One voice would make itself plain
Shouts from the incessant pain
Shouts meant to drive one insane
I turned to a window for air
-
As I went bleakness hailed rain
Drops which awakened more pain
Screams which would enter my brain
As from window something went wrong
-
Once more I awake in my dread
Uncertain of just where we were
Again in my endless before
Empty window to my pain


It is hard to put a tag on this. Not only does each second line of each stanza (except the final) end with the word "pain". Not only do almost all the lines rhyme with pain. Not only does everything but the pain disappear in the last stanza. (The first 5 stanzas follow a 7, 7, 7, 8 meter.) But this poem is an example of using a set pattern to toy with imaginations. 

There are a number of ways to take this poem. That may be one of the reasons some people are drawn to such expressions. Have we ever been plagued or revisited by something? If it's pleasurable, we don't mind. In fact, we may look forward to these experiences. Now, negative, troubling or painful experiences tend to trouble most people. Sometimes we fixate on these experiences. Sometimes they weigh heavily on us; consuming us. Sometimes they make their ways into our daily lives. Our dreams are their common playgrounds; Or when we are tired. Their causes are many. Their power can be minute to deadly. Their reason for existence may be simple or beyond us.  And when and if it finally leaves, it never completely leaves. We are changed. May all your fixations be pleasant. May all of our changes be the beauty of the day. 


To go with the poem: Tune Mer Jaana, Kabhi Nahi Jaana "Emptiness" 

If we are not confused yet, this should do it 


Ed Wood's Plan 9 From Outer Space is considered by some, the worst movie of all times. Some go so far as to call it the nuclear bomb of movies. Speaking of nuclear bombs, RocketJump just released a video. It seems a group of terrorists may have planted a bomb. Special agent, John Jones has been dispatched to deal with the situation. There is only one challe... challe... challe...Excuse me. I have the hiccups. 
While I'm standing on my head and counting to 20 (to cure my hiccup), why don't you enjoy the video. "Nuclear Hiccup" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



When you get into a tight place and everything goes 
against you, till it seems you could not hang on a minute 
longer, never give up then, for that is just the place 
and time that the tide will turn.
Harriet Beecher Stowe

6 comments:

  1. repetition highlights the emotions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In regards to your poem, I've been there and still are to a much greater extent than I should be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I do not know I do not able to follow you but I added you to my feedly reader

    I enjoy your poetry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support and kind words

      Delete