Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Another Time to Mom vs Triplets + Toddler 
A couple battles human nature 
A mother battles triplets and a toddler 


Another Time (round) 

Another voice across a sea
Another choice is calling me
Another chance another stake
Another possibility
-
And so I chose which path to take
Another chance for a mistake
Another dance another date
Another lover’s heart does ache
-
There in her eyes my hidden fate
Another dream I’d see too late
Another time another day
I’d dare a kiss to try and wait
-
Amidst the kisses words did stray
But what was left for hearts to say
Another day another night
All this now seem so far away
-
Then somewhere lurking out of sight
There came a feeling all’s not right
We thought it just another pain
Refrains that came between delight
-
But this did little to explain
Why our light we can’t sustain
So we face reality
Inside this cycle we remain 


Let me introduce you to a round. A round is a poem where each stanza is somehow tied to the next. The last stanza is tied back to the first. Ideally, a round is a poem that has no end. One other thing is going on in this poem. The word "Another" disappears as the round goes on, and on, and on... 

Here we have a couple who gave up "another (something)", or put it off, for some reason and found it gone. They realized what they did and regretted their choices. This being a round, they did it all again and again and again... Maybe we have seen this happen. Couples who find that they have lost something. Are determined never to let it happen again, but fall into some kind of trap. Why does this happen? So easy to give it a reason. Sure, there are the blessed, who can break the cycle  There are also those who try to free themselves from the cycle. Then there are those doomed to the endless repetition. Maybe they are helpless. Maybe they are blind. Maybe they are comfortable with their status quo. Who knows? Here is something else to set our minds ablaze. Arlene and I did many things to keep that young couple alive. In the end, we grew old and Arlene died. Yet, I bet there is a young couple determined to go on long walks, holding each other's hand, just like that old couple they saw. 


Are we caught in a trap: Fine Young Cannibals "Suspicious Minds" 

Cycles, Battles - Try this on for size 


Parenting has gotten quite confusing. What is the best time to put a baby to bed at night? The answers I found was between 6:00 and 8:00 (and then the baby finally goes to sleep at 9:00...!). Meanwhile, meet Ellen Gibson or as many now call her, Supermom. She has 4 kids (not including her husband), Emily (the oldest) and the triplets, Jackson, Olivia and Levi. As one might suspect, Supermom has many routines. What's life like for Supermom? Here is bedtime to give us a clue. 
Question - Is it just a coincidence Ellen put out this video so close to Valentine's Day? "Mom vs Triplets + Toddler" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Be happy for this moment. 
This moment is your life.
Omar Khayyam

8 comments:

  1. I wish I knew why some people get 'stuck' in negative cycles and others find, nurture and cherish supportive ones. All my answers sound glib.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good question.
      Ever heard the song, "This Little Light of Mine"?
      Thank you - shine on

      Delete
  2. It came to mind while reading your poem about getting rather freaked out late one night on a lonely road while listening to Art Bell's Coast to Coast AM radio show. For the subject of shadow people came up, which sounded a lot like something I have experienced and I think you allude to in your poem. If you have no idea what I am trying to say, shadow people is referring to seeing what looks like a person just out of range in the corner of your eye. In other words, it is like seeing the shadow of someone just outside of one's peripheral vision. I always thought it had to do with spending way too many hours behind the wheel of the truck and my eyes playing tricks on me, but it seems that I am not the only one not quite right in the head from what I heard on the radio program several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not alone.
      (in my opinion) It is very important to try and focus on the positive. Even though I post some poems that are questionable.)
      I listen to George Noory Coast To Coast.
      Thank you for this marvel

      Delete
    2. As you probably already know, Noory to over for Art in the late 90s (I think). It stopped becoming essential listening the last couple of years on the truck as the show started focusing more and more upon the same old UFO "stuff" when it used to mix-in a lot of discussions about the possibility of angels and demons, along the reality to ancient myths.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for sharing this.
      I listen to the radio because for the last 5 years I no longer watch TV.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for explaining this method of poetry to me. I will have to try to write a round. That baby video is a hoot. We almost adopted a 4 and 5 year old with newborn twins. Can't imagine the stress. It did not work out legally but I love our only child!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome. I'm giving back what other writers have given me.
      Glad you enjoyed this.
      Thank you for adding a touch of you

      Delete