Friday, February 5, 2016

The Meadow Of Before to President Obama Alaska makeover 
Two lovers discover the meadow of before 
President Obama discovers Alaska 


The Meadow Of Before (Shakespearean sonnet) 

The flowers grace the meadow of before
The field where dreams and fairy tales were made
Each heart fulfilled with promises of more
And all which life held precious it displayed
-
Behold the pasture rich in fantasy
Where hopes became the season’s Joyous bloom
This gift from heaven perfect as can be
That day forever fell within its flume
-
And in this land there was no place for time
The minutes seconds hours all the same
The music’s endless moments were sublime
And flowers of hereafter souls would claim
-
The meadow of before does yet persist
Its beauties started dancing when we kissed 


A standard Shakespearean love sonnet. A lover expounds a realm that comes to life when he and his beloved kiss. The conflict stanza (the third quatrain) still exists, but in a much, much lighter form. And guess what happens when this sonnet is over. 

Call me a romantic, but I find something special in women. Something beyond kisses, beyond intimacy, beyond attraction. Perhaps it's just me. Perhaps I was fortunate to run into special ladies. Perhaps my world was a bit too dreamy. It's hard to put into words. I'm taken away. I'm hoping some of you can relate. I wish that I learned about this realm from Arlene. Or from Malona, my first real kiss. My appreciation of women. and my introduction to the hidden possibilities of magic came (was opened) through Valerie. Valerie was a school friend of mine, She became a model, a singer and a dancer. Valerie was my main model when I was a photographer. She became my singer when I took my songs into the studio. I have never kissed Valerie. But, all those hours watching her put on her make-up, listening to her rehearse my music, being by her side as her marriage disintegrated, taught me to wander through wonders. A thank you gift from an old friend? This gift would let me see, let me enjoy, let me understand Arlene more fully. And with this kiss Amor, my present wife, enjoy the meadow of before. 


How about a bit of romantic music: Giovanni Marradi "Garden of Dreams" 

From the meadow of love to the wilderness of silliness  


Alaska is the only state name that you can type on one row of a keyboard. I learned that from Sarah Palin. If you haven't heard, in December President Obama went to explore Alaska with famed British adventurer Edward Michael "Bear" Grylls. The whole thing was aired on the NBC series "Running Wild with-Bear-Grylls". If you missed seeing this episode, Yea It's Funny has put a copy on YouTube.
Now for our entertainment: "President Obama & Bear Grylls Wear Makeup" 
(Wait a minute, That's not what happened. Sarah!) 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 


And when the day arrives I'll become the sky 
and I'll become the sea and the sea 
will come to kiss me for I am going home. 
Nothing can stop me now.
Trent Reznor

8 comments:

  1. The meadow of before is a blessed realm isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blessed are we who have drunk it in.
      thank you

      Delete
  2. A very lovely poem. I am happy that you learned to appreciate women through those you have encountered in your life. Have a beautiful day Martin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Appreciation will see to the day.
      All the best to you

      Delete
  3. Thankfully, my meadow has not past and lies waiting for me to dwell in forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you.
      I hope I have added a daisy or two.
      Thank you

      Delete
  4. So many meadows to choose from. Of Before, Of Tomorrows, Of Lost Dreams, and Dreams Rediscovered, Of Fears, and of Fantasy. My favorite is the one with deep grass, waving in the breeze while I lay on my back watching the clouds.

    Thanks for sharing both beautiful poems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have truly taken the next step.
      Thank you for stopping by and taking us along

      Delete