Monday, March 7, 2016

Dark Dark Night to Hell's Club Part II 
Take a trip into one person's nightmare 
Venture into another person's vision of the netherworld 


Dark Dark Night (Shakespearean sonnet) 

Oh dark dark night what dreams do you ignite
And set them roaming passed my will to see
So freely they set off to torment me
There in my darkest hour they delight
-
What sharp sharp fear makes nothingness appear
And rashly spread their venom cast in doubt
As they laugh out they steal my will to shout
The sharpest sound of all a crashing tear
-
My warm warm bed becomes a place of dread
And from this prison dare I light the floor
Before those things come crashing through the door
Then swarm the warmest places in my head
-
Oh dark dark night what blindness has resigned
To loose the darkest things within my mind 


This was my attempt at: if Edgar Allen Poe wrote a Shakespearean sonnet. The words "dark", "sharp"  and "warm" are not rhymes, but words that sound alike. They also relate to blood. The question is: Why are they repeated? Notice that the sonnet ends as it begans ("Oh dark dark night..."). 

On the subject of dreams, we all have them. We may not remember them. Some individuals believe they mean something. There are pleasant dreams and there are nightmares. Basically, this is the extent of my knowledge about dreams. 
My stepfather was a bit harsh with his beatings. When I left him to live with my mother, he became the star of my nightmares. He would haunt me there until my 30s and I learned to "control" my dreams. I vaguely remember beating him in a dream (with words). He never returned. I now no longer have nightmares (that I can remember). This may have an added value now in my life. I suffer from "waking dreams". I am fully awake and my world becomes dreamlike. I might become a little confused, but since I don't have nightmares, these incidences are always fun. 
One more thing about dreams, while I'm on the subject. In my 20s, I think I got the idea from someone on the radio, I tried to turn my dreams into reality, One takes a dream (of sleep) and tries to turn it into reality. Being on stage most of my life, this made perfect sense to me. Some things couldn't be done. Some things had to be modified. The more I practiced, the better I got. Imagine the benefits for someone in a create field.
So we moved from the darkness of nightmares to the light of living dreams. Enjoy. 


On the subject of dreams: Gelka ft. Phoenix Pearle "Million Nights" 

Now let's see if a little light can be shined into here


According to some scholars, what most people know about "hell" doesn't come from the bible, but from a 14th-century epic poem called "Divine Comedy" written by Dante Alighieri of which Inferno (Dante's Inferno) is a part. Antonio Maria Da Silva has another vision of hell. Hell is a nightclub where famous people meet. That doesn't sound that bad. Oh ya? Watch what happens when unexpected intruders bust up the party. 
Causion - This video may be habit forming. "HELL'S CLUB PART TWO ANOTHER NIGHT.AMDSFILMS" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



All men dream, but not equally. 
Those who dream by night in the 
dusty recesses of their minds, wake 
in the day to find that it was vanity: 
but the dreamers of the day are 
dangerous men, for they may act on 
their dreams with open eyes, 
to make them possible. 
T. E. Lawrence 

10 comments:

  1. I love the repetitive Dark Dark, sharp sharp, Warm Warm.... It really defines the tone. I don't remember all of my dreams but I have had some interesting ones over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for giving one insight into the repeating words.
      Very good!
      And thank you for the support

      Delete
  2. The mind is a mystery isn't it? (Well mine is.) I dream in conversations rather than images. An expression of just how important words are to me? The exception was a recurrent nightmare I had as a child, when a large slavering wolf was just outside my bedroom door. The dream was black and white, except for the wolf's tongue. I had the same dream often - but haven't (thankfully) had it in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frightening!
      Thank you for sharing this piece of yourself with those who visit

      Delete
  3. I would not have thought to combine Poe and Shakespeare, but you did so beautifully. I'm not sure what meaning dreams have, but I'm glad you have less nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. E-GADS, I COULD NOT STOP WATCHING HELL'S CLUB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rumor is he is working on part 3
      Thank you for supporting both of us

      Delete
  5. I used to have nightmare as a child. Later in life I learned my gift of having lucid dreams. Now I can have control of them.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!
      Thank you for stopping by and letting others know this

      Delete