Friday, March 4, 2016

Droplet In The Sand to Roasted Mustard String Beans 
A lover recalls those endless memories 
A cook shares the endless ways of preparing string beans 


Droplet In The Sand (Martin verse) 

One more droplet in the endless sand
Tear of Joy while holding lover’s hand
Swept in feelings hearts don’t understand
Through a world enchantment’s dream had planned
-
Here I was again in paradise
Wrapped in winds from some exotic spice
For this moment souls would sacrifice
For this instant couldn’t happen twice
-
Holding treasure from the golden sand
Passion lost in wonder scented spice
All I am would be my sacrifice
Ever-after fantasy I planned
-
Fulfilled wishes fanned this paradise
Hope beyond belief there held my hand
Blessings left no room to understand
Every whim I kissed was answered twice
-
Dream’s enchantment for one moment planned
Emptiness I still don’t understand
All that promise there within my hand
One more droplet in the endless sand


Another Martin verse. Four rhyming words are introduced, followed by four more rhyming words. These eight words are then mixed up. What emerges from all this is the first four words in reserve order. What is painted here is line after line of magic, except at the very end. What is interesting here is: the beauty seems to overshadow the sadness. 

One of the pulses of this poem is memories. I agree one shouldn't dwell on the past. We should use this time to build precious memories. This is somewhat of a conundrum. How many of us have fallen on less than favorable times? Times when only the light from our memories help us through the darkness. Once delivered from darkness, remember what came to our rescue and create more. Notice, in the poem, how many pleasant memories it took to offset the sadness in the end. Use this time to build precious memories.  Be a precious memories for someone else. Make all other memories not even worth our time. There may come a time, I pray not, when the richness of a life well spent is all that remains. Until then; Dream on. 


Here's a great song for memories: Nookie "Paradise" 

What do love and string beans have in common 


String beans got their name owing to the string that ran along the side of the pod. Since the string was not palatable, it had to be removed prior to cooking. Fortunately, a “stringless” variety has been developed. For those of us who enjoy cooking this healthy vegetable, there is another problem. Yes, I'm talking about the stems. Fortunately, our friend Gregg, of You Suck At Cooking, is here to save the day. He has come up with some new and imaginative ways of dealing with the string bean stem. 
If nothing else, this should bring on a giggle when we are having our feet tickled. (I bet you thought I was going to say cutting green bean stems. Why would that make one giggle?) "Roasted Mustard String Beans - You Suck at Cooking (episode 34)" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



It's great to reminisce about good memories 
of my past. It was enjoyable when it was today. 
So learning to enjoy today has two benefits: 
it gives me happiness right now, and it becomes 
a good memory later. 
George Foreman

8 comments:

  1. Too many pleasant dreams/memories would be barely enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this valuable insight

      Delete
  2. "One more droplet in the endless sand" is a beautiful phrase. Thanks for sharing your words and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you found it's inspiration

      Delete
  3. I find the past more of a trigger than precious memories so I understand the do not dwell on the past! That was really interesting about string beans. Greg is funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used my past. "See ho great you were? Maybe we can do better." (Thus great memories were made for those bumps.)
      Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  4. If that cooking video is any true indication, the population of this world will reduce dramatically in the next few years. Yeah, I know the same was thought of our generation, but there is absolutely no way we were that stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I had to cook for my family. I seem to remember I hand more brothers and sisters, Hee hee
      Thank you

      Delete