Thursday, March 10, 2016

Remember When to Every Sibling Ever 
The memories of a kiss returns from a past 
The memories of siblings returns from a past? 


Remember When (villanelle) 

Remember when you blew a kiss my way
And dreams were filled with all which we would do
How could we let those times just slip away
-
Two youths who put their love upon display
With one grand moment holding their love new
Remember when you blew a kiss my way
-
And so alive with life and hope they’d stay
They gave each care each flare each fair its due
How could we let those times just slip away
-
As they enhanced such hearts were held in sway
And though they grew this promise lingered true
Remember when you blew a kiss my way
-
But then one night her mirror caused dismay
What happened to that youth which once she knew
How could we let those times just slip away
-
I held her through the richness of our day
And all the dreams which we had privy to
Remember when you blew a kiss my way
How could we let those times just slip away 


The villanelle form seemed perfect for this idea, The first and third lines are repeated several times as the the poem goes on. In the last stanza they finally join. For those unfamiliar the villanelle rhyme scheme is: A1 B A2, A B A1, A B A2, A B A1, A B A2, A B A1 A2. 

Call me sentimental, but I like reliving some of the things of the past. Walking Arlene home from school was just one example. We re-enacted those magic moments long  into our future. With my new wife, Amor, we re-enacted our first date, including the stop at Twin Peeks (several times a year). I know, I know, those magic times may not be recaptured. But it's fun and maybe new memories can be sparked. It is one way to keep love alive. All this doesn't mean I didn't like and try new things. There was a period in my life when I was ahead of the times. Even then, and maybe because I was so "out there", I saw the importance, the value of holding on, re-enacting those moments (as close as possible). How did I, we get here? It is fun. Enjoy. 


As a bit of motivation: Perry Como "Magic Moments" 

Siblings some of us have them - but not like this 


A study revealed that people with older siblings of the opposite sex were seen as more likable and were more likely to strike up a conversation and smile in social settings, giving them a marked advantage on the dating scene. A little less scientific, Smosh has discovered some things that are common to a few sibling relationships. Some things that are funny. Somethings that are uncomfortable. Some things that ate completely made up. Okay, there was no science what-so-ever involved in Smosh's findings. It was done purely for entertainment. 
If you see any similarity between you and a sibling and this video, it is strongly suggest that I'm sorry. "EVERY SIBLING EVER" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
You can also become a follower of this site by clicking "join this site" on the right
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Keep all special thoughts and memories 
for lifetimes to come. Share these keepsakes 
with others to inspire hope and build from the past, 
which can bridge to the future. 
Mattie Stepanek

12 comments:

  1. I feel silly to admit this but that I learned the name of the singer to that song was Perry Como!I always liked that song! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe this wasn't just a post, but an example of magic...
      Well anyway, thank you

      Delete
  2. I like the poem, how it is to look back to remember how a relationship evolved from then to now. I've written a few villanelle poems, and I like how it repeats lines. This one was perfect for that form! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and reflections

      Delete
  3. The rhythm flows, the words sings, love interweaves it all, I love this one, Martin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! This is quite a review.
      Thank you... really

      Delete
  4. Lovely poem! I think it's wonderful to revisit some places and memories, there can be such a strong anchor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and it's fun too...
      Always a pleasure to see you here.
      Thank you

      Delete
  5. I like Perry Como's voice, easy to listen to with no raspy edges.
    Nice to reminisce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I was able to take you back.
      Thank you for dropping in

      Delete
  6. Am I encouraging your search for the worst content on YouTube? If so, I will cease and desist forthwith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling, others like your comments.
      On behalf of everyone, thank you

      Delete