Friday, March 11, 2016

Waiting To Begin to Hold Music 
Those moments of anticipation for a lover 
Those moments on hold on the phone listening to that music 


Waiting To Begin (free form poem) 

Honey won’t you climb with me
Fly with me
Try with me
Touch the sky with me
Can’t you see I’m waiting
Waiting to begin
-
Here I stand outside her window
Victim of a captive heart
Guiding me
Drawing me
To this spot place and time
Flower yearning
Turning toward hope of my morning sun
Lighten my way
Brighten my way
-
Wasn’t it just a night before
Two strangers said goodbye
Moments end
Just pretend
Make believe they didn’t mean a thing
Make believe that something didn’t grow
Just pretend those aren’t really tears
Not a kiss
Not a hug
Just goodbye
-
Now I stand outside her window
Called by an unfinished dream
Mystery
Burning me
Endlessly nothing returns
Still flower stands
Turning toward hope of an opening door
Living on prayer
Tomorrow is there
-
Honey won’t you climb with me
Fly with me
Try with me
Touch the sky with me
Can’t you see I’m waiting
Waiting to begin 


Confusing? I hope so. Then this pom was successful  in communicating a feeling, an experience. Here we have a lover, outside his desire's window. He has a message for her, a plea for her. Cut through the passion, cut through the heat of anticipation and the message is clear. Clear to the heart it is all meant for. Unsure if she heard him, he repeats his main message. 

Before I begin: Arlene's bedroom was in front, on the second floor of her parents' house. Many were the moments a bird stood and chirped up at his lover's window. 
In this poem and through my example, I tried to capture a feeling. I'm certain that others are familiar with it. Remember that big event?  That expected phone call? The gift that arrived?  The people talking about how excited she is? These are a touch of the fields not only for the young, but the young at heart. Sure, one does not have to call up to a window to win a lover's attention, when a relationship is established. It is my opinion, that one should, could put together an event to express in what was put together the meaning of words (a dinner, a dance, a vacation, a walk in the park, whatever). Even more challenging, in my opinion, a single gift to carry the feelings of a heart. With Arlene it was a small love letter or her favorite candy that week. For Amor, it is jewelry with a religious motif (It can be cheap. It is the cleverness.) The point is knowing, showing, keeping the excitement, that thrill, that something special alive. I know a couple, where the husband dresses up in a "shirt and tie". Why? Because the wife likes it. (She doesn't force him .) For me it is fun. In many ways it is similar to singing outside her window. Think about it. Enjoy. 


How about a lovers' song: Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson "Beauty And The Beast" 

Ever wonder why that music, while we are on hold, is normally so boring 


Did you know that some of the music that we listen to, while we are on hold, has a calming effect to help make communication more efficient. Calm people are less given to yelling, That makes perfect sense, you're probably saying to yourself. But why does it have to be so boring, you're likely mumbling to yourself. Laura Holliday thinks she may have stumbled on the answer to this age old mystery. 
Only one more question remains. Why are you talking to yourself? "Laura Holliday: Hold Music" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
You can also become a follower of this site by clicking "join this site" on the right
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



As soon go kindle fire with snow, 
as seek to quench the fire of love with words. 
William Shakespeare

12 comments:

  1. Hello, wonderful poem and image. The song is beautiful too, I like music that is calming. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind thoughts and support.
      Glad you enjoyed

      Delete
  2. You did great capturing that feeling in the poem. I enjoy the memories of Arlene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have been there.
      Thank you for everything.

      Delete
  3. Sorta made me think of when I was 12. A boy would ride 12 miles to my house on his bike, climb up to my 3rd floor window and try to get me to go with him. haha. I was Only 12! and Daddy was downstairs.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for affirming our verse struck a chord.
      Love the memory

      Delete
  4. I can well remember brushing my hair and generally primping before an expected phone call. No he couldn't see me, but it mattered to me to put in the effort...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What a sweet moment.
      Thank you so much for sharing it here

      Delete
  5. What a sweet moment of anticipation captured... Well put indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something tells me you can relate too.
      Thank you for joining this moment

      Delete
  6. Will you ever disclose what you did to Funny or Die? Enquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (They pay me not to tell) Oops!
      There goes my $12.95 (pesos)
      Still friends. Thank you

      Delete