Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Forsaken Pill to The Real Darwinism Debate 
A person debates is life worth living 
The council debates is Darwinism really real 


Forsaken Pill (Shakespearean sonnet) 

I see its shadow calling calling me
I sense the night is falling falling soon
My mind is spinning in this what might be
The end or the beginning of a tune
-
Soft memories are playing playing still
Reflections are now swaying swaying so
Do I now swallow this forsaken pill
Into a world that I do not yet know
-
I feel its hand now reaching reaching out
Its welcome sighs were breaching breaching tears
Before awaits a destiny of doubt
I fear the ending rending as it nears
-
For I have chose to live another day
With heaven’s calling falling far away 


A Shakespearean sonnet with a touch of Word Wizardry. This sonnet uses an echo effect followed by a rhyming echo. Then we have something new introduced  in the crucial point of the sonnet (the third and "conflict" stanza). If we haven't noticed, the last rhyme within a rhyme combines the echoes of the first two lines. Why? 

Life can get pretty hard, pretty confusing, pretty painful, pretty merciless. I have walked the bitter path many times. Perhaps you have also passed though these rough and rugged roads. I pray it wasn't too harsh. And for the lucky few who have been spared the experience, let us all rejoice in their blessing. Many are those who didn't make it through the shadows. Many are they who could take one more step. It is not our place to cast judgments. It is up to us to try. 
In our tale we have an individual. An individual who is struggling. He is at the crossroad. He has a pill that will end his suffering. At the point when his pain has reached a pinnacle, he decides not to take the pill. Make no mistake, he has died. It is a different individual who is walking in his shoes. 
There are many. many good organizations to help those considering suicide. The challenge is those in the midst of suicide. I vaguely remember when I was going through rough times. Seeking help was the last thing on my mind. It was the caring of my family and friends that got me through. What they did for me, I did for others. And so should we all be. And so I trust, we all are. And in each other's hands we shall grow our light. A light that will guide us through the darkness. A light to a brighter world, that we all can enjoy. 


Found a great video on this theme: William Orbit's version of 
Samuel Barber "Adagio For Strings" 

Let's lighten things up and a little education - very little education 


We all know Charles Darwin is the father of evolutionary theory. But did you know he composed a pro/con list that would help him marry Emma Wedgwood? Shortly after he published his theory on evolution, the arguments started. Studio C has graciously put together a reenactment of what might have happened at that first Darwinism debate in a London court. (Some liberties were taken for the sake of laughter.) 
This is just a sketch for laughs. Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental. "The Real Darwinism Debate - Studio C" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
You can also become a follower of this site by clicking "join this site" on the right
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Life is not a problem to be solved, 
but a reality to be experienced. 
Soren Kierkegaard

8 comments:

  1. I volunteer with on a crisis line which hopes to help people in those darkest hours. For some, the burden does become too much. Others find the strength within themselves to fight another day. And another. Not an easy battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Volunteer! - Praise you.
      Once again, thank for adding value to this edition

      Delete
  2. Word wizardry indeed! I am glad the person in your poem chose hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found ope in this.
      Thank you for the light you bring

      Delete
  3. I enjoy reading your poetry post.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your gracious compliment

      Delete
  4. Alas, I fight against the apparent reality of being forsaken each and every day--despite knowing, which goes far beyond merely believing, that it is not at all true. For so very little comes easy for me, with my trip to the doctor this morning serving as another example. While leaving out many of the contributing factors, my right knee had partially separated and I thought I was starting to have another heart attack by the time my echocardiogram was finished. Thankfully, there was nothing more to the severe heat-flash I experienced and my knee came back together, but what I thought would be no big deal has left me A LOT weaker than normal. Hopefully, I will recover to my normal pathetic self in a couple of days. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so very sorry. My prayers are with you.
      Thank you so much for sharing what one valued individual has to bear.

      Delete