Saturday, April 2, 2016

It’s True to Wrestling Is Real 
A dreamer shares his view of reality 
Pro wrestling shares its view of reality 


It’s True (English sonnet) 

I find myself high up upon this cloud
Enjoying my distortions of what’s true
Surprising what a wished for kiss can do
To free imagination from a shroud
-
From here I’ll see that sunshine make it through
To cast a warming smile upon the crowd
And share the Joys to which a kiss avowed
To share the Joys which only dreamers knew
-
It’s true that we can float amid the sky
It’s true our wishes really turn to gold
It’s true that we can shape reality
-
So when you spot some cloud that’s drifting by
And feel a kiss that makes a smile unfold
That man upon that passing cloud was me 


Here is another English sonnet. A point of interest, in this particular sonnet, is the "conflict" stanza (the first triplet). There is no conflict or anything bad there. In fact there stanza seems to shout out a positive message. "Shout out" is a clue to what's going on. The rest of the sonnet is fairly tranquil, in its flow. By using the words "It's true" to lead off every sentence, we have created a conflict in mood. 

In our poem we have a lover who dreamed of a, wished for a kiss. (Yes, I''m a sucker for a kiss.) With that kiss, our hero enters a new view of reality. From here the poem takes us in many directions, at once. Have we ever wanted something that we thought out of reach? Once we attain it, the next out of reach thing becomes easier or we go after something more challenging. But we're only talking about a kiss. Have we ever been blessed with a kiss from that someone special? For as long as it lasts even after the real kiss), anything is possible (provided we are still conscious). Even for that kiss, it's surprising what we can do. I don't know about the rest of us, but me, after I'm successful in achieving my goal (in this case a kiss) I feel lighter, euphoric, like singing, like sharing my joy with the rest of the world. There is so much meaning in a kiss. Life is wonderful. Whether that great job, that perfect garden, acing that next endeavor, a wish come true, a dream realized or that kiss. Enjoy. 


Need some more motivation: Louis Armstrong  "A Kiss to Build a Dream On" 

Nothing challenges reality quite like pro wrestling 


Professional wrestling (pro wrestling) originated as a popular form of entertainment in 19th-century Europe and later as a sideshow exhibition in North American traveling carnivals and vaudeville halls. Though we all find pro wrestling entertaining (at least I do) some of us think it is all a put on, while some of us believe it to be real. A new controversy has arisen. It has been rumored one cannot say, "fake crap" three times while watching a pro wrestling match on TV. 
Don't believe the rumor? Well, try it at your own risk. "Wrestling Is Real (with Dolph Ziggler)" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
You can also become a follower of this site by clicking "join this site" on the right
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Now a soft kiss 
Aye, by that kiss, 
I vow an endless bliss. 
John Keats

8 comments:

  1. Not a fan of wrestling. I have seen more than I like because my partner watched for a time.
    Definitely a fan of love and dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, We can still be friends.
      Thank you for dreaming with me

      Delete
  2. Ha, it is true..... Those words do have conflict of mood! This is great for writing a flash fiction also. I have to admit that I have never watched wrestling. Oh wait, I did see a movie called Nacho Libre. It had wrestling. However, I am more of a love story gal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife is a love story gal too. I'm not. Solution? Gal's night out. (we husbands treat.)
      Thank you for the compliment and the chit-chat

      Delete
  3. What a lovely dream and sweet words! A kiss can be so magical...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweetness.
      ...magical and a blessing...

      Delete
  4. Lovely, Clouds are sometimes like cotton wool..floating from one to another - how nice it is to dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when the dreams are moments with my wife.
      Thank you so much for your valuable thoughts

      Delete