Sunday, April 17, 2016

Meaning In Eyes to Got Your Nose 
A lover is captured in those eyes 
While another captures a nose 


Meaning In Eyes (poem) 

So many memories are waiting there
Soft silken pedals from moments so rare
A pathway to dreams in each lingered stare
Are promises your eyes wonders to share
-
A sparkle past mist is welcome they air
A song to my heart a warm place to stray
These caverns of grace will sweep me away
With secrets so sweet to lay my soul bare
-
I‘m lost in their midst a mystic affair
Each kiss of surrender still burning bright
And here it seems time has ever to spare
As golden moments are each brought to light
-
I struggle with reason senses maintain
Was this our life or wishes left somewhere
Was there a future with hopes to compare
Or more season’s winds with happy refrains
-
So many memories were waiting there
Pure hopes of tomorrow and yesterday
In passionate stars where everything’s right
Lost meaning in eyes let lovers explain 


There's more to this poem than meets the eye. In this poem a lover glorifies his delight's eyes. After the initial stanza new rhymes are introduced. The last stanza doesn't seem to rhyme. On closer inspection, each line rhymes with each of the proceeding stanzas. In other words, the last stanza is a synopsis of the rest of the poem, in meaning and rhyme. 

Back in my photography days, my friend Valerie sent me most of my clients. Head shots were my forte. Valerie was a school friend of mine. She was a model, singer and dancer, She was the one who opened my eyes to he world of beauty. Maybe she was the reason I was so good at capturing facial beauty. Funny that a girl who I never even kissed would unlock the magic of and in a woman's eyes. And Arlene had great eyes.
Eyes, lips, faces, voices, personalities and so much more. Each of us carries an immense amount of beauty. We may not all be fashion models, but the realm of beauty encompasses so much more. If we try to compare ourselves with others we may get an unreal picture. Always keep in mind and heart that we are all individuals. A prize in itself. We all have two main challenges to overcome. One is the media telling, selling us what is beautiful, important and valued. Is the media to be trusted? Another challenge is us. We have been living with us our whole life. We have gotten used to the wonder that is us. I challenge you to make a list of all your attributes. I guarantee that you will be amazed before the list is completed. Life is beautiful. If my challenge was taken serious, we know one of the reasons why. Share the richness of you and enjoy. 


A song for the poem: Peter Gabriel "In Your Eyes" 

Hold on to your nose as we continue 


Different people have different sneezing styles and these styles are genetically determined. In other words, the members of a given family will have similar sneezing styles. Do you remember that game our parents played with us when we were young or that we may have played with our children: "I got your nose"? Where did that whole thing come from? The folks at Trophy Husbands may have stumbled on a clue. 
Now, if you believe this, I have a bridge for sale. "Got Your Nose" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
You can also become a follower of this blog by clicking "join this site" on the right
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



The beauty of a woman must be seen 
from in her eyes, because that is the doorway 
to her heart, the place where love resides. 
Audrey Hepburn

10 comments:

  1. While I am an appreciator, self-value is not one of my traits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I and others have seen your footsteps and we are attracted.
      Thank you for being you

      Delete
  2. Hello, lovely poem and image. I am wondering how long my list of attributes would be? The Peter Gabriel song is one of my favorites. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be surprised if your list was less than 10 pages.
      Thank you for all your kind words.
      Spread your sunshine

      Delete
  3. I like the poem and beauty comes within.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the affirmation.
      I appreciate all the beauty you bring me

      Delete
  4. Neat! Interlocking used to great effect!

    Thanks for visiting my blog posts throughout!

    Best always,
    Nilanjana
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed.
      Thank you for visiting mine

      Delete
  5. Very nice poem, and I like how the rhyme scheme went! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really appreciate the kind thoughts

      Delete