Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Hands to Tinder: The Superhero Movie 
From the hands of lovers 
To the hand of a superhero 


Hands (Shakespearean sonnet) 

We travel through a world we cannot know
With signs placed all around we cannot read
We’re confident there’s nothing which we need
While hands remember never to let go
-
And so we wander carelessly along
Into a world which wonders why we’re there
When others of our kind it didn’t spare
Whose hands forgot the meaning of their song
-
So long to dreams without a scent of dew
So long to shattered hopes along the way
We’re strong enough to kiss away dismay
Whose hands remember what they hold on to
-
Our view of all that’s lurking up ahead
Is strengthened by these hands which now are wed 


Lovers' hands form this Shakespearean sonnet. Yes, there is Word Wizardry at play in this sonnet. We have the "cannots" in lines 1 and 2, of the first stanza, which is answered by "So longs", in lines 1 and 2 of the third stanza. The second beat in lines 1 rhyme with last word of the preceding stanza (i.e. so and go). The rest, I leave to you to discover the others. Have fun, but remember love comes first. 

Call me ridiculous, but there was something in holding Arlene's hand. Oh yes, I loved the kisses. I am a "kissing freak". And hugging....Whether to comfort in times of trouble or setting moods for romance or just because they feel good, there's always time to welcome hugs. But holding hands, at least for me, there is something more to it. There is the, "We can do this", that holding hands seems to convey. There is, "I am right here by your side", on those strolls. Somehow holding hands says, "I love you", without saying a word. Arlene and I both had a troubled childhood. When memories came back to haunt us, holding hands brought us strength and hope against those memories. These things and so much more was the language, the meaning, the world beyond words of holding hands. Oh, we have felt it too. Perhaps I'm not that ridiculous. 

An outstretched hand is not limited to lovers. A handshake; a pat on the back; helping someone to their feet; showing direction are just some of the ways we may be the blessing of someone else's life. Imagine, if every hand in the world offered its love to one person. That's two hands. I don't know about other people, but I get a rush helping others or making them feel better. So I am motivated to do more. "But, what can I do?" It starts with a smile. And like the unspoken language of holding hands, which goes beyond words, our heart will guide our actions. Our hearts. Our actions. "But I am only one person. What can I do?" When tomorrow comes and one more person is happy to see your smile, you will find out. Look around you. That is your world. Take it by the hand and show it that you care. And when it smiles back at you, enjoy. 


How about a little more love: Georg Deuter "Hands of Love" 

From the sublime to the sub-lime 


Tinder is a location-based dating and social discovery service application, founded by Sean Rad, Jonathan Badeen, Justin Mateen, Joe Munoz, Whitney Wolfe, Dinesh Moorjani, and Chris Gylczynski on September 12, 2012. Rumor has it, Tinder wanted to hit the big screen. The boys at Rooster Teeth got wind of this and went to work. There was only two problems. The boys were really into superheroes. Imagine fashioning a superhero around a dating service. 
Two - The rumor was entirely made up. "Tinder: The Superhero Movie" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



I'm not asking you to walk in my shoes; 
I'd never wish my afflictions on anyone. 
But could you walk beside me on secure ground 
and reach to hold my hand? 
Richelle E. Goodrich

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous poem! I enjoyed it very much. I love holding hands, I feel very connected when Alex and I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reassuring me that others have similar experiences

      Delete
  2. I do agree Martin, holding hands says "I Love You" enjoyed the poem!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank your for making your voice heard and of course for dropping by

      Delete
  3. Holding hands - the touch, the feel, the warmth, the love - holding hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my - I had no idea.
      Thank you for leaving this poetic inspiration here

      Delete