Tuesday, May 3, 2016

I Love to Bite Size Candies 
A lover sings of the glories of his beloved 
A candy sings of sweetness through memories 


I Love (Italian sonnet) 

I love the way you freshen every day
I love to watch you gently greet the sun
I love and know a new day has begun
I love each day that you start out this way
-
I love to hear you whisper softly clear
You are the song held closest to the heart
I love its sweet refrain we’ll never part
You make it clear it is our soul I hear
-
I love the view the waking dream of you
I love to watch your body play with light
I love the way which you excite delight
I love how you ignite my point of view
-
I love the sound of having you around
You move in melodies of memories
I love to lay amidst your passions’ breeze
You move around and sway my world in sound 


The magic in an Italian sonnet. It is partially clear, what is going on here. Between the "I love" and the "You", it is pretty clear, we are dealing with a love-sick fella, Yet, the whole thing follows the Italian sonnet format. I did say "partially clear". If this sonnet worked its magic, we didn't notice the hidden word play. Take a look at the first and fourth lines of each stanza. The words which rhyme are hidden in the lines. For instance in the first stanza, "way' and "day" are both in the first and fourth lines. See? Tah-da.

Men. Want to make a woman beautiful? Tell her so. Most of us like hearing about the things we do well. Especially from people who are important to us. My wife, Amor, for instance. She is getting up there in years. Looking good and being attractive to me is important to her. By telling her she's pretty or cute or staring at her an inordinate time does something to her. I had better be honest, because she is going to check in a mirror. My reward: An extra kiss and a very beautiful wife. This magic also works well with cooking, with shopping, with education, with creativity, with achieving... It works well with almost everything. (Don't overdo it, though.)

Everyone, compliments are "worth their weight in gold." I can't tell how fully honestly complimenting people and organizations has worked for me. That's right. I said organizations. When I raised toys for Toys For Tots, I had the Marine Corps send a "Thank you" letter to every organization that supported the effort. The result was, more toys. I know a certain company that made a lot of money by complimenting its employees and customers. Now, it's our turn. If compliments can make money for a company or a wife more beautiful, imagine what it will do for us. I'm sure we have warm thoughts or feelings that we hold inside. Let some of those warm feelings/thoughts out. Warm positive expressions have a tendency of multiplying, spreading and returning. Fill the world with positiveness and enjoy. 


This calls for some kissing: Fermo Dante Marchetti "Fascination" 

Kisses are sweet and so is candy 


M&M"s were created by Forrest Mars, Sr., son of the founder of the Mars Company, Frank C. Mars, who got the idea for the candy in the 1930s during the Spanish Civil War. For one reason and another this delicious treat wouldn't be produced until 1941 in Clinton Hill, Newark, New Jersey. To celebrate M&M's 75th anniversary Nick Bertke, of POGOMIX, has created a musical mix using M&M TV commercials from way back when to now.  
Grab your M&M's and get ready for tsome treats. "Bite Size Candies | Pogo" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Too often we underestimate the power 
of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, 
an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, 
all of which have the potential to turn a life around. 
Leo Buscaglia

8 comments:

  1. Credible compliments are lovely. I was largely brought up without them, and still find the negatives easier to believe than the positives. I suspect that is one aspect of child rearing which has improved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised when a major oil company proved how profitable being positive is, we didn't all jump on board.
      Here's to you and thank you

      Delete
  2. Hey, I like the "I Love I Love and then the I Love You! Very creative. Thank you for sharing. Curious do you have any short stories?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.
      The only short stories I have are in the forms of poetry.

      Delete
  3. This is a magical sonnet with beautiful word play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you
      Quite a compliment coming an artist

      Delete
  4. Lovely poem once again, they are all wonderful.
    A compliment is always good to receive or a thank you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So glad you are enjoying them
      A valuable lesson

      Delete