Thursday, May 19, 2016

Madness to If Meat Eaters Acted Like Vegans 
Tankas about states of mind 
To test our sanity a meat acts like a vegan 


The Story (tanka) 

I heard a story
They told about a legend
Fanciful and free
Imagine my state of mind
When their tale led back to me 



Madness (tanka) 

Darkness claimed the night
When victim fell into lair
Of madness and death
And with the last screams was heard
Forgive me for what I am 



Wake Up (tanka) 

We all must wake up
With the choices which were made
The reasons aside
May become places to hide
Our courage to persevere



To toy with our minds, the tankas are back. The key to a tanka is in the beats. Each line should stay within the beat pattern, as follows: 5-7-5-7-7. Rhyming is optional. In these tankas I have tried to weave ideas open enough to allow each reader to add their own unique flavor. 

Yes, that was me, sitting with my then wife to be, Amor. I was sporting my Masonic Knight Commander of the Court of Honour hat. This crazy man would eventually become a 33 degree Mason. The whole story began with a music teacher, Johnny Land. He taught me to always be a good student and follow my dreams. Then came David Lubinski, who owned the M and M restaurant, where I once worked. He taught me my work ethics. Then came Chevron, who showed that anything was possible. People who say, "money can't buy everything", never worked near oil company executives. 

Thus was a crazy man formed. A crazy man who would serve his wife as she became president of the PTA and got parents and their children's school closer together. The same crazy man who would coach youth soccer for years. The same crazy man who would return a fraternity's attention to our public schools and bring that fraternity's support for Toys For Tots back to life. All this and more were accomplished by a crazy man. A crazy man and all the individuals who believed in his teachers. Oh, that 33rd degree was the work of many people. Starting at Johnny Land. 

Now one looks at my life and says, "Wasn't he great." I was simply doing my best to fulfill my part in this thing called life. I believe we all individually have our own calling: from being the president to planting a seed. I believe one is as important as the other (especially from my perspective). Who is to say I could have achieved what I did if so-and-so hadn't been there. And so the rest of life goes. Grasping our importance to how things work, how important it is that we stay true to ourselves and be the best "me" we can be. And as that next seed is planted and grows enjoy. 


In a toast to that crazy world: Gnarls Barkley "Crazy" 

One more reason to consider becoming a vegan 


Did you know that in America a hamburger may legally contain up to 30% fat? That is one more bullet in the arsenals of the vegans. JP Sears of Awaken With JP, may have one more bullet, as weird as it may be. You've heard of reverse psychology. This video solves the oldest riddle of the ages, what if meat eaters acted like vegans. And therein lies the tasty "fat in hamburgers". 
So is this a pro vegan message in disguise? You decide. "If Meat Eaters Acted Like Vegans - Ultra Spiritual Life episode 35" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Today you are you! 
That is truer than true! 
There is no one alive who is you-er than you! 
Dr. Seuss

6 comments:

  1. Crazy is not a bad thing to be. Or I don't find it so.
    Amor is a beautiful woman. But you know that.
    And this vegetarian is leaning towards veganism. Slowly, and steadily. Despite living with a man who believes that vegetables are the garnish you put on the plate to make the meat look better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I and people who liked my company agree with you about crazy.
      As I grew older, vegetables became a bigger part of my diet.
      Thank you for your kind words

      Delete
  2. Pleased to meet you, Martin and Amor. Dream. Dream big. If you want it, you can have it. And not every want revolves about money...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't I (and many others) know it.
      One must believe as you've put it.
      Thank you for the affirmation

      Delete
  3. What a sweet photo of you and Amor! The tankas are wonderful, short and yet powerful...

    ReplyDelete