Saturday, June 4, 2016

Forsaken to LEGO Ghostbusters 
A specter enters a man's bedroom 
Ghosts enter the land of LEGO 


Forsaken (Shakespearean sonnet) 

I woke alone in this forsaken place
Uncertain of the hour the sun had fled
Discomfort has me in its cold embrace
The very walls now whisper of a dread
-
My heart is beating seeking some escape
My mind is clouded how did I get here
Our past alas is shrouded by some drape
Whose covers hover near my present fear
-
My silence has awakened distant sound
I swear I feel its foul breath come my way
Its shadow soon consuming all around
There’s nothing left for me except to pray
-
And there in prayer the shadow let me free
To share a night that happened once to … 


What if Edgar Allen Poe wrote a Shakespearean sonnet? The speaker tries to paint in our imagination a picture of what is going on in his mind. In three quatrains his situation gets worse. Just when things seem to get better, in the rhyming couplet, the last word is omitted. By keeping the rest of the sonnet tight, in rhymes and beats, the ending surprise is made more effective. 

Ghosts and the supernatural, I want to believe. Unfortunately, I have come across too many charlatans who have robbed me by their trickery and misleading people.Then there are those people who are anxious to point out how a trick or illusion is done, whether it was sought for or not. I might be a culprit in my own conundrum. I have practiced a few small tricks to entertain my friends. I am aware how skill can mislead people. Then there was my house. When I bought it, it came with some mysteries, namely voices in the fireplace, the sound of walking in the front room and the strange lights. One by one I found the cause of these mysteries and corrected them. So here is a person who wants to believe in ghosts, but has a history working against him. Still, I keep my doors open. I believe there is something more. 

There is something more. Not everything is attached to a reason. No matter what science proves to us about the world, it is our eyes that take it in. Science. Even there, we have that man who wants to believe in ghosts, as today's new "facts" are constantly being challenged and sometimes changed. So, where do we turn to? In the end, who can we turn to? Whose eyes take in our world? Hence, how important it is to know, to keep within our heart, how special we are. How unique we are. The world as we know it starts here. So enjoy. 


How about a song to go with that sonnet: John Carpenter "Halloween" 

I ain't afraid of no ghosts, especially if they're made of LEGO 


LEGO is the world's largest manufacturer of wheels. The company produces 306 million a year. While our minds are wrapping its wheels around that, here is an epic re-imagining of the classic Ghostbuster film by Digital Wizards Studios. Eight artists with a combined collection of over $100,000 of LEGO bricks spent 2000 hrs over the last 5 months: building, animating, lighting, composting and composing for an animated marvel. 
The more we loved LEGO, the more we're going to enjoy this. "LEGO GHOSTBUSTERS" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



The best monsters are our anxieties given form. 
They make sense on the level of a dream 
- or a nightmare. 
Victor LaValle

6 comments:

  1. Mystery and magic go hand in hand...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One would think.
      Thank you for the hope.

      Delete
  2. Science can't prove. Believers can't prove. It's each individual's choice. I do believe. There is more. Just don't know what. Faith is lacking. Fact is lacking. I believe you understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying.
      Thank you for letting me know, I am not alone in this

      Delete
  3. What interesting thoughts Martin. I very much enjoyed your dark yet beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you were touched.
      Thank you four your thoughts

      Delete