Sunday, June 19, 2016

I Had A Dream to Lyft with Shaquille O'Neal 
Imagine a dream of a lover 
Imagine a taxi ca ride with Shaquille O'Neal 


I Had A Dream (lyrical poem) 

I had a dream
A dream for two
A dream for me
A dream for you
-
And in this dream
This realm for two
Each fantasy
Had you in view
-
Each turn a whisper
Reminder kiss her
Tomorrow you may miss her
But for now
For now
-
I have this dream
Of loving you
And all I see
What heaven knew
-
This promised stream
Of holding you
This destiny
We’ll see it through
-
Each turn a whisper
Love her kiss her
The answer for all bliss her
But for now
This now
-
This gentle stream
For only two
A memory
We will renew
-
I had a dream
She had one too
Perhaps maybe
A wish come true
-
Each turn a whisper
Recurring kiss there
Tomorrow’s mist abyss there
But for now
Our now
We’ll stay in this dream somehow
-
I had a dream
A dream for two
A dream for me
A dream for you 


A lover's dream creates a song in this lyrical poem. These lyrics follow this form (V= verse, C=chorus): VVC VVC VVC+coda V. The meter (beat) is very tight. If there are any songwriters, who need lyrics, help yourself. If you don't consider yourself a songwriter, have some fun. 

Arlene and I lived many-a dream. One evening in 1994, I was cooking dinner for the family. Arlene comes home and suddenly the kitchen was filled with Princes Cruise advertisement. It was everywhere! I wonder what it meant (though I suspected). Arlene got a call from my travel agent friend and he had a "no one could pass up" deal on a 7 night cruise to Alaska. There were 2 main problems: I had already set my vacations for the year and I hate cold. Arlene had talked to my boss and switched  my vacations. She promised to keep me warm. I guess we were going to Alaska. 

The cruise itself was much more than I had expected. The entire crew was focused on our happiness and comfort. They treated us all as individuals. The cold? I didn't notice it. Princess and Arlene kept me warm. There was plenty to do. The food was nonstop and delicious. And the dancing was almost around the clock. An odd thing about this cruise was that folks of different lifestyles seemed to gravitate to their own areas of the ship. We romantics were rarely disturbed by the party people or anyone else. At night, strolling the deck, one thing was clear. Arlene was living her dream. And I was living mine. Making her happy. 

A cruise, even at an unbelievable deal, may be a bit beyond most of us. There are still a myriad of dreams waiting, Our dreams. Other people's dreams. Some dreams are grand and some are simple. The size of a dream is not related to its importance. I believe we are and our dreams are like magnets towards each other. It is a light of nature that we should be together. Not only that, we sometimes are called to make another's dream come true. We and dreams are part of the natural order. What sometimes keeps us apart? Listen. Really listen. I believe that we really know. And as we listen and are joined with our dreams, enjoy. 


On the subject of dreams: Marvin Gaye "Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words)" 

Taxi cab anyone 


Most of us know Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal is a retired professional basketball player.with a legendary 19 year NBA career, who is currently an analyst on the television program "Inside the NBA". But dud you know that Shaq has always had a love for law enforcement and has been a reserve officer in some capacity in both Los Angeles and Miami? In addition to all of this, Lyft has picked him up to have some fun with some unsuspecting passengers. 
Now to add to his list of accomplishments, Shaq can add Lyft driver. "Undercover Lyft with Shaquille O'Neal" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Be brave, young lovers, 
and follow your star. 
Oscar Hammerstein II

6 comments:

  1. Love that you made your dreams (and Arleen's) into realities. And cherished memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was blessed. It kind of came my way.
      Thank you

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful poem. I think it is a gift to get to live our dreams. I am glad for you that you shared such lovely moments with your love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet compliment and the warm regards

      Delete
  3. Hello, love the pretty poem, beautiful words. I feel blessed when a dream comes true. Your Alaska cruise sounds like an awesome trip! Have a happy day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment.
      Dreams can be blessings.
      Sadly, the ships have gotten MUCH bigger

      Delete