Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Lady’s Dreams to Netto-Katzen 
Tankas delving into dreams 
A cat lover's dream 


Summer’s Dream (tanka) 

Once there was a dream
Blowing in a summer’s breeze
Searching for meaning
Searching for another day
Gleaming in a lover’s eyes



Lady’s Dreams (tanka) 

Where did my dreams go
Wondered lady growing old
Beside her window
Then from street she heard child sing
As she closed her eyes and smiled 



Lover (acrostic tanka) 

Lover I became
On a magic summer’s day
Viewing wishes’ dream
Every hope desire fulfilled
Resounding in I love you 

Everyone has dreams, including tankas. Tankas are easy to write. The classic tanka contains 5 lines with 5 - 7 -5 -7 - 7 syllables (beats) respectively. Modern tanka artists are successfully testing beyond the classic tanka form. Tankas do not have to (but can) rhyme. With the tanka "Lover" I have combined the tanka with the acrostic poem form.  

I was a person who got to live many-a-dream. I married and shared many magic moments with my childhood dream and sweetheart, Arlene. I would be an entertainer, photographer, songwriter and producer. I landed a dream job at Chevron Oil. I helped save my Masonic Lodge. My problem was I had too many opportunities. I landed the job at Chevron, then Standard Oil of California, because a houseboy for the wife of one of the board members. At Chevron, I learned a person can do anything, if they had enough money. One of my greatest dreams there was making 3 flags float in mid air, without strings. (It was only a matter of money.) The dying Masonic Lodge had lots of money. Perfect for a dreamer from Chevron Oil. From 1997 to 2002, Arlene and I learned to live beyond money. Somehow, whatever we needed was always there. My life was such a dream. I just had to share with others. Hence I got heavily into charity (with Chevron Oil and the Masons behind me!). 

I believe we are all dreamers. Dreamers who can. Can live, create our dreams. I believe that we must believe in ourselves. I could have been an entertainer but it was easier.more comfortable to stay with Chevron. I believe I could have continued living beyond money, but I lost my faith in this when I lost Arlene. Yes, I was very lucky. Easy for me to say that we are all dreamers. But in my old age, I have lost so much. Even more, when one considers how lucky I was. Yet I keep my candle on. And still I can light another candle or two. Yes, we are all dreamers. Take that power within you and see all that you can be. And as other lights are lit by you, enjoy. 


How about a musical dream: Ginkgo Garden "Voices From The Past" 

Going food shopping? I bet you never expected this.


It has been accepted that cats and humans have been associated for nearly 10,000 years. To celebrate this Netto, a German supermarket chain, has thrown all our favorite cat memes and internet kitty stars into one ridiculously fun ad promoting its stores. You'll find Keyboard Cat hitting a different set of keys, felines afraid of cucumbers, clones of No No No Cat, Paws-in-the-Air Cat and Japanese box-loving sensation Maru and many more. 
See if you can spot your favorite cat star. "Netto-Katzen" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Every great dream begins with a dreamer. 
Always remember, you have within you 
the strength, the patience, and the passion 
to reach for the stars to change the world. 
Harriet Tubman
 

10 comments:

  1. Dreams are wonderful things. Things to work on, things to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a dreamer. You do wonderful things.
      Thank you for all you do

      Delete
  2. What a great post! Loved the cat video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so you liked it.
      I hope someone enjoyed your smile

      Delete
  3. Your post put me deep into thought.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyable I hope.
      Thank you for your warmth

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your tankas very much. A dream can be so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your beautiful support.
      It is much appreciated

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you and may your dreams be beautiful

      Delete