Thursday, June 2, 2016

Our Dream to Moving Day 
Some couples dream of love 
Other couples dream of moving 


Our Dream (lyrical poem) 

Come fly
The sky
With me
And see
-
A stream
A dream
Come to
Our view
-
A star lit night
Too set moods right
Soft hearts await
To meet their fate
-
So why
Not try
To flee
To free
-
That gleam
Our dream
Come true
Anew
-
A moon lit light
To guide our flight
The world can wait
While we create
-
Creating dreams for you and I
Another windswept memory
Created on edges extreme
Where music of passion break through
-
Reply
To my
Soft plea
And see
-
The skies’ delight
Within our sight
-
Our dream
Supreme
For two
Who knew
-
It’s not too late
The rest can wait


A collection of short ideas create this lyrical poem. This poem is founded more on beats than on rhymes. The lines have 2, 4 or 8 beats per line. The stanza with 8 beats per line doesn't seem to rhyme.  In fact, it rhymes with preceding stanzas. One more thing is hidden in this poem. 2, 4 and 8 are divisible by 2. What do lovers feel that is divisible by 2? 

I am the kind of person who can do the same thing over and over again. But the longer I'm hooked in a routine, the more I yearn for something different. Don't get me wrong. I like variety. There was a time, I would try any new thing. One riddle beyond the way I felt was Arlene. I say riddle because in and with Arlene everything seemed different. And I say seemed because I wasn't sure. As an example: Arlene enjoyed a specific routine of cuddling. Strangely, though always quite similar, it always felt quite different to me. Perhaps it was Arlene. Being with her... Having her by my side... I put all else aside. The world will always be there, but each moment with Arlene... 

I am certain many know, have felt what I'm talking about. Isn't it amazing how people can touch each other? I write a poem and it touches a page of one's life. A stranger smiles at us and there is something more to it. Have we ever wanted to thank or say something to someone, but just didn't have the right words? We do something special for that person and our actions transform into the perfect meaning. We go beyond words. We are amazing. Listen and nature will affirm how wonderful we are. Breath in your richness and enjoy. 


Need something more to think about: Nicos "Secret Love" 

Moving on your mind 


According to the Employee Relocation Council, there are only two other life events that are more stressful than moving: death and divorce. Never the less, BuzzFeed Video has found a couple who want to move. BuzzFeed & XFINITY have put together a video to help them and us make moving a bit easier. 
Moving might remain stressful, but laughing at this video may help lower the stress level. "Moving Day // Presented by BuzzFeed & XFINITY" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. 
They're in each other all along. 
Rumi

8 comments:

  1. How to love? Touch smell taste tease soothe surprise satisfy, oh this list could get long *grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this nice addition to this post

      Delete
  2. I think it's wonderful that your priorities focus on those you love. The poem is quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your warm compliments.

      Delete
  3. Dreams give the most earth-bound of us wings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were my job at Chevron and for the Masons.
      Thank you and dream on

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read it
      and say hello

      Delete