Sunday, June 5, 2016

Star Of Joy to Choose Your Own Adventure Cookies 
One person adventures the choice between dismay and joy 
One person adventures the choice of making cookies 


Star Of Joy (Martin verse) 

Shadows pass the winter’s night
Teardrops waiting out of sight
Gloom consumes the last of light
Veils reveal approaching blight
-
Silence ticking life away
Clouds of doubt forecast dismay
Sorrow stalks to rule the day
Streets where empty souls do stray
-
Bright is the star to this night
Shining response toward dismay
A smile in another’s day
Comforting hand against blight
-
Bright star casting doubt away
Such hope fills hearts at your sight
Candles soon pass on your light
And in your footsteps they stray
-
Your Joy overwhelms all blight
Pure Joy the source of your light
And while your Joy restores sight
Shadows pass the winter’s night 


New meaning is found in this Martin verse. The poem starts off very negative, with the speaker sharing his bleak world. Then a star appears and everything changes, including the tone of this poem. An interesting thing and powerful aspect of this poem is the first and last lines of the poem. Wait a minute. They are the same words. It just goes to show, the world changes depending on our mood. 

I have often talked about my "great" life. The price of most of my achievements was stress. I didn't mind the stress, because it felt so good when a project was successfully over and the stress was suddenly over. My greatest blessing, that saw me through my stresses as well as all the troubles life throws our way is my star. My star was Arlene and now my present wife, Amor. No matter what life tossed my way, there was always Arlene. Always. How ironic! Life even took my childhood sweetheart away. Without my star winter's clouds loomed. Then, like the poem, a new star, Amor, appeared. And with Amor, shines the light to a bright future and the treasures of the past. 

I know many can relate. Many have their stars, whether a partner or something(s) else. The world really does changes depending on how we take it in. Our mood sets the flavor of things. Our stars help to keep us on a positive path. A path were we can taste all the good the world has to offer. Our stars are our strength, inspiration. sweetness and light. With so much by our side, guiding us on, yes we can, and well. Not only are we, one and all, special, there are stars to guide us to a better world. And as we greet the star of a brighter tomorrow, let us enjoy. 


Take it away Rihanna: Rihanna "Diamonds" 

Everything seems to go better with cookies 


In 1884, Marcellus Gilmore Edson of Montreal, Quebec was the first to patent peanut butter. George Washington Carver has been credited with creating the peanut butter cookie. In the 21st century there are countless ways of making peanut butter cookies. Least of these is Gregg of You Suck At Cooking. What he does offer is a new adventure in cookie making. 
One extra ingredient Gregg offers his cookies is laughter. "Choose Your Own Adventure Cookies - You Suck at Cooking (episode 40)" 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, 
while loving someone deeply gives you courage. 
Lao Tzu

10 comments:

  1. We all have a STaR which guides us, just look up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well put.
      Thank you for posting this here

      Delete
  2. I am glad that light overtakes the darkness some of the time. I especially loved this line "Comforting hand against blight." Your words are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words.
      I pray that the light always shines for you

      Delete
  3. Ironic as it sounds, my star grounds me. Gives me direction. And delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you also have refreshing streams.
      Thank you for the refreshment you send out

      Delete
  4. Another enjoyment to read. Did you know you can actually buy someone a star?
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did. I did better. I made someone my star. (As are you)
      Thank you for the warm compliment

      Delete
  5. Stress! Not sure what stress (I know what the word means) is but it's always good to have a friend to lean on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have a glimpse into your beautiful pictures.
      Thank you you for your kind support

      Delete