Friday, July 8, 2016

Forest Of Love to Slow Motion Love 
There is a forest of no return 
There is a ring one should return 


Forest Of Love (lyrical poem) 

Beware of the forest of love
They enter but never come out
What is it that makes reason rout
What is it that lovers dream of
-
Run home just as fast as you can
And pray you find different plan
For some other wonder to scan
In times before all this began
-
Return to those old youthful days
When you would set the streets ablaze
With fantasies made in a haze
And everything else was a phase
-
Beware of the forest of love
You’ll enter and never come out
You’ll linger and wander about
And learn just what dreams are made of
-
Run home and do not venture near
And pray other music you hear
For some other wonder revere
In times when you thought vision clear
-
Find Joy in the life which once was
When everything was just because
And sense seemed to follow some laws
And you were the meaning for awes
-
Beware of the forest of love
We entered and never came out
We’re lost and of this there’s no doubt
That we are the dreams once warned of 


A dream, a song, a lyrical poem. This song follows this form: C V V C V V C (C=chorus, V=verse). The meter is kept very tight, so that a song may come to mind as the reader is enjoying this poem. As always, if there are any song writers in need of some lyrics, help yourself. 

I am a victim of the forest of love. And boy, did Arlene know how to work me. (And I enjoyed ever heartbeat of it.) As one may know, I'm a leg man. Arlene had great legs. Add to the problem, Arlene was beautiful. Trying to look at a face while enjoying legs can be a dizzying situation. Throw in a kiss and it's, "Yes dear." One would think that over the years I would get use to it all, that I might have matured. But Arlene had a way of turning back time, as we progressed forward together. Add to all of this, our pure delight of memorializing special moments: Walking Arlene home from school and enjoying an ice cream on the way. A canoe ride on Stow Lake. A picnic under our special tree in the park. And there was the dancing. Yes, I am a victim of the forest of love And the rescue squad? I hope they never find me. 

Love? I am smart enough to know that I know very little about it. I love my wife and I love my children. Different, yet oddly the same. Then there is our love of society. Our love toward our belief. Our love for our labors. Our love for ourselves. A wonder: the arms of love. Then there are those lovers lost in one another. Maybe it's you. Maybe it's me Maybe it doesn't matter after all. We are all complicated humans. I am of the school that believes love is simple. Therein lies  love's riddle. Therein lies love's fascination. Therein lies love's call. And as we ponder the flower of life, enjoy. 


How about a love song: Rue du Soleil "In My Heart" 

Now the lighter side of love 


Research shows that long-term couples with deep, strong connections can successfully soothe each other in stressful situations or when one of them experiences pain simply by holding hands. It is theorized that lovers can effect those around them. The folks at Flerp Films have done a bit of research on this. Well, at least one video. 
Need a reason to put off that engagement? "Slow Motion Love" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 

Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Love doesn't make the world go 'round. 
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. 
Franklin P. Jones


10 comments:

  1. I think the forest of love is wonderful to be lost in. I very much enjoyed your poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem to me one who would enjoy it.
      Thank you

      Delete
  2. Love is complicated AND simple. And there should be more of it. Lots more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever it is to you, take it in. I know you are doing your part to spread it.
      Thank you

      Delete
  3. Hello, I agree the forest of love would be a wonderful place to be lost. I enjoyed the poem and song. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed.
      Thank you. looking forard to your next joy

      Delete
  4. Oh absolutely, a kindred spirit. When it's given in honesty, is trusting, is forgiving and selfless. That's the only love. Beautiful thoughts to lead the weekend in *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So appreciate you adding these wonderful words.
      Thank for your time

      Delete
  5. I believe the forest of love is where the first love is and you never really come out of it.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you speak of experience.
      Thank you for coming out long enough to visit me

      Delete