Monday, July 11, 2016

Go Back to What Happens If You Body Swap 
One man searches his soul 
Wile another man swaps body 


Go Back (Shakespearean sonnet) 

Go back to where you started on your quest
And search the endless sands for reason why
Draw back the veils and put the truth to test
The answer for the tears across the sky
-
What sadness now romances with pure Joy
An echo of a shadow has returned
And with a heart devoted does it toy
Till memories once golden are all burned
-
Go back across that now vast make-believe
For seasons flavored the once long ago
Go back across the path one’s dreams may weave
For sometimes hidden mists begin to show
-
And when we find the person we now live
Just look inside the mirror and forgive 


A mirror, a reflection, a Shakespearean sonnet. This sonnet uses word layout to help illustrate the message of this sonnet. Notice that this sonnet begins with the words "Go back". These words come back and play a heavy part in the conflict stanza, where the speaker comes head to head with the issue. This leads to the rhyming couplet and the resolution. 

Perfect. I was far from it. I made plenty of big mistakes. Let me share one and hope that you do not hate me. I was a pinball wizard. After work, I would stop by at the Pinball Palace across from the San Francisco Bus Terminal (both no longer there). This was during my drug days. There was this girl, Karen, who was going back home to Michigan. She only had one more dream before she left the Bay Area. Me. One night Karen stopped by the Pinball Palace to find me. She offered me a ride home. The next thing I remember was the Bay Bridge. I was being kidnapped. When we reached Karen's home, I called Arlene and told her I was safe and would not be coming home. Arlene and I were married. Karen and I spent the whole night in sex and drugs. It was every single man's dream. The problem was, I was not single. One could blame the whole thing on the drugs or the hormones of a young man. One could blame Karen. She knew I was married. But it was me. My conscience continues to tell me so. Oh, it was fun while it lasted. But was it worth the non-stopping replay of poor behavior i my memory? Was it worth the splotch on a dream romance? Odder still, I became a more dedicated husband because of it. 

We all make mistakes, We all have mistakes in our memories. Hopefully we are better because of them. We learn from our problems. They are part of who we are. It is alright to remember our mistakes.  They can be good reminders. They can be good motivators. But do not dwell on problems. Do not feed them the energy they crave. Do not let them trick us. Move forward. The things of our past are like a grand movie. All we can do is enjoy, learn and use our nows to make the movie grander. Problems, challenges, gifts. Gifts to make us better. And as we surpass the next challenge, enjoy. 


On this theme: Secret Garden "Searching for the Past" 

Ever wanted someone else's body 


Except for neurons in the cerebral cortex every cell in our body is replaced ever 7 to 10 years. (At least until researchers find more exceptions.) Josh Mullen has come up with a theory of his own. Cells smells. What about complete body switching? Perhaps, one day Josh will become successful and earn some money and go to school and study to become a scientist and prove his theory. Until then, this video will have to do. 
If this video looks under budget. It is. "What Happens If You Body Swap (Fatal Decision)" 



Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 

Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



If you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. 
But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. 
It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. 
The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit. 
William J. Clinton

6 comments:

  1. A mistake is only a mistake when we refuse to learn from it. And all of us have 'learning experiences'. What we do with them is the important thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this new (for me) way of looking at things

      Delete
  2. Forgiveness is a powerful force. Your poem is beautiful, I am especially taken with your words "What sadness now romances with pure Joy"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind and soothing words

      Delete
  3. We all have regrets from mistakes we made. Bad choices teach us lessons. We are all wired that way.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete