Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Here We Are to Transcendental Granola 
One man wonders though a life lived 
One man transcends the preparation of granola 


Here We Are (free form poem) 

Wonder with me
Wonder hits home
Did I do enough with my life
Could I have done more
-
So many people
So many heights
Reaching out for that something
Deep within their soul
-
Numberless talents
Numberless goals
Confusing are the currents
In a sparkling stream
-
But here we are right now
Sharing a touch of something
A break perhaps for thought
A chance to step back awhile
-
What made this jewel
Master of its unique rainbow
Shining new colors
Shining places missed
-
This fragrant flower
Who fashions the breath of life
Some live in fields
Some die for kisses
-
There amid a smile
Rests the only true answer
Wonder with me
Wonder hits home 


A new way of thinking brings an answer to this free form poem. It was done intentionally that the beginning of this poem is somewhat confusing. Then the poem undergoes a transformation. The thinking becomes somewhat clearer. The poem ends as it began. Did the speaker find his answer? 

Very much of what I became in my life I owe to Mr. Johnny Land. An extraordinary teacher who watched, guided and opened opportunities throughout my school years. Mr. Land and I met each other at James Lick Junior High, when I entered the 7th grade. I met Arlene almost three years later. Fate? It was Mr. Land who volunteered my services to the girl's school where I met Arlene. I went through at least five extreme changes in my life. When the glaze of teenage love wore off, I would wonder how I got here. Arlene and I were very different. Scholastically, she was smarter than me. Her tastes were not the same as mine. Her view of the world was very popular, in fashion. Different. She was the perfect partner. Me? I could have been much richer (for her). But the things we did. The wonders we accomplished. We. What was I without her? So as I wondered my all would turn to her. Mr. Land opened doors and Arlene gave me wings. 

In fact there are many, many people who brought me here. When I was honored by the city of San Francisco for my charity work for the public schools, I gave the award to the Masonic Lodge. It was through their help and belief in me that received this honor. So it is with all of us. Everyone is the product of others. We are the wave of an ocean. And as we are a product of them, others are products of us. Who knows the extant of our reach? Make no mistake, the world is changing  and we are a part of the change. A product as well as a cause? Don't believe me? How many people did you talk to today? So as we play our part in shaping our world, enjoy. 


Some inspiration for all of this: One Republic "Wake Up" 

Some people put a lot of power into granola 


Granula was invented in Dansville, New York, by Dr. James Caleb Jackson at the Jackson Sanitarium in 1863. For those who don't know, granola is a breakfast food and snack food consisting of rolled oats, nuts, honey or other sweeteners. Here to give his take on granola is Gregg, the master chef of You Suck At Cooking. Gregg puts a high emphasis on the spiritual side of granola. 
When I say "high", I am referring to a state of mind. (Hint, hint.) "Transcendental Granola - You Suck at Cooking (episode 43)" 



Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



All things are connected like the blood 
that unites us. We do not weave the web 
of life, we are merely a strand in it. 
Chief Seattle

4 comments:

  1. Profound. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for stopping by.
      I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. I think it true that the people we meet along the way of life have an impact as to who we are. Thanks Martin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your valuable input.
      Nice to see you

      Delete