Tuesday, July 5, 2016

It's You to Paramore's "Still Into You" without music 
The music of a lover's heart 
A hit song without music 


It’s You (Shakespearean sonnet) 

It’s you the music beating in my heart
For you the scent which carries me away
And when again the heaven greets my day
By you the wonder thrills my world does start
-
It’s you the reason running through my soul
For you the soothing which removes all doubt
And when a dream does hunger for control
By you I feel what Joy is all about
-
The dawn may find its meaning in the sun
While wishes turn to hope to make them true
Each passing breath a new one has begun
The breath of dawn the wish of loving you
-
It’s you which brings me purpose to maintain
By you forever always I’ll remain 


Only one purpose draws together this Shakespearean sonnet. In the first and second quatrains "you" is the second word. In fact, the first two words in lines one, two and four are mirrored in the first two quatrains. In the third quatrain (the conflict stanza) things are different, Notice that the last line of this quatrain contains the theme of the proceeding three lines (breath, dawn and wish) until coming back to the main theme: "you". The sonnet ends as the rhyming couplet brings back the song's familiar flow. 

There may have been better women, but Arlene was perfect for me. (I hope she felt somewhat the same about me.) She was beautiful. She was very intelligent. She was fun to be with. She had great legs. (I'm a leg man.) I'm sure there were many, many more things that attracted me to her. One of those things was a certain something Arlene would thrill me with whenever I did something special for her. That special something is hard to describe. It was more than a kiss. More than a warm hug. More than a look. I don't know what it was. But Arlene radiated it whenever I did something special for her and I really, really liked it. I would surprise her with candy. buy her the book or music before she could, shoes, dresses, a special night out, writing love messages on the sidewalk, it was a challenge to my imagination: Arlene's special something. I credit my great cooking to that something. Oh yes, Arlene kept me motivated. From a special something to the gift of laughter. But that's another story. 

What was that special something? I'm sure that when I was younger I tried to figure it out. I'm sure that doctors can attribute it to cells and brain functions. There came a time in my life that I chose just to accept it,  just to take it in,  just to go with the flow. The jasmine in my back yard intoxicates me. I could find out why or I can just slip away and replace the reason with the magic of the moment. There are things we need to know: Like doing something special... And there are things, I believe, we should just take in. What, who and when? That is were the marvel sets in. We are all individuals. The what, who and when are as varied as we are. But I believe, we all possess a sense of when to let go. All I'm suggesting is discover and explore this gift in all of us. Explore this gift and enjoy. 


How about this to go along with the sonnet: John McGlinn "All the Things You Are" 

Ever wonder what a music video would be like without the music 


Paramore is a rock band from Franklin, Tennessee, formed in 2004. The band currently consists of lead vocalist Hayley Williams and guitarist Taylor York. Their hit song "Still Into You" ranked number eight on Billboard's Hot Rock Songs and received double-platinum certification in the United States. The folks at House of Halo wondered what would this hit be like if all the music were taken out. So they contacted Paramore who were just as curious as they. 
Sit back and get ready for something. "#WITHOUTMUSIC / Still Into You - Paramore" 



Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)


Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Love is when he gives you a piece of your soul, 
that you never knew was missing. 
Torquato Tasso

8 comments:

  1. Lovely. And I don't believe the magic was one-sided. Without question, you thrilled her just as she thrilled you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warmth of your message

      Delete
  2. Lovely poem.
    Arlene, what wonderful words you write about her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I glad that I can pay you back for the enjoyment you brought me

      Delete
  3. Reading about you and Arlene, paints a picture in my mind. Like romantic art.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you to say and so imaginatively put.
      Thank you. To another bright day

      Delete
  4. What lovely words of your love. I am glad for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It warms me that you enjoyed
      Thank you

      Delete