Saturday, July 9, 2016

Lost In Wonder to Lost Parody: The Bravest CPR 
Tankas on the subject of lost 
A lost traveler receives the best CPR ever 


His Darken Streets (tanka) 

In the darkened streets
Comes a sound lost long ago
Taken by some fog
Still he wanders through it all
Echoes calling from his heart



Lost In Wonder (tanka) 

Looking at the stars
Upon their timeless blanket
Swaddled in kisses
Two lovers lost in wonder
Will this ever come again



Pathway (tanka) 

Pathway unwinding
As each step of the riddle
Calling from somewhere
Familiar only to us
Welcomes back a long lost friend


An edition lost in tankas. A tanka, or "short poem" is a genre of classical Japanese poetry. They are easy to compose. The classical tanka form is comprised of 5 lines with the following syllable arrangement: 5-7-5-7-7. Rhyming is not necessary. Modern tanka writers are challenging the classical tanka form. 

I had a great life. It was not perfect. I went to college and studied to be a music teacher. I was informed that the job opportunities were drying up. I was lost. I got a job at Chevron (then Standard Oil of California) who retrained me as a graphic artist (printing). Then there was the comedy/music team of Mike and Martin. We were very popular. We were good enough to land a promising audition at Fantasy Records. One week from the audition, between life challenges and the strain of the upcoming big audition, my partner lost it. We fought and broke up. I was lost. Arlene and I had two children. I think I was a pretty good parent. I was involved with every facet of their development. Peter was reading before he entered kindergarten. Robin was a numbers wiz and cooking by the time she was 12. (Boy, was my stomach grateful!) Then they went off to college, I did so good that they didn't need me anymore. I was lost. Then came the Masons. All of my talents and skills came at a perfect time of a dying fraternity. I would be one of many key new men who would breath in freshness and hope. I was a highly respected Mason. Then life dealt me a new challenge. I was lost With Amor's help, I face a strange future. 

I am not alone in my experiences. Many a soul ventures down a planned path. Then life offers up its challenges. An unexpected fork in the road. The path disappears. Then there are the distraction. There are the villains. The myriad of things that decorate life's path, our path. And it is our path. Our's to travel. Our's in that it is like no other's. Strange as it may sound, I believe, it is meant for you to succeed. We all start and we all finish. We may not all be the best. Best? By whose standards? Someone on a different path? Only you know what it takes to make you complete? It will be waiting in your path. And if we miss it or get lost, trust in hope, trust in yourself, trust in life's fullness. And while we take in our adventure, enjoy. 


And while we're enjoying our path, I hope you enjoy this song: Bahamas "Lost In The Light" 

Lost? Then change the channel 


"Lost" is a television drama series, created by Jeffrey Lieber, J. J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof,€ that originally aired from September 22, 2004, to May 23, 2010.  It follows the survivors of the crash of a commercial passenger jet, flying between Sydney and Los Angeles, on a mysterious tropical island somewhere in the South Pacific Ocean. The folks at Studio C were highly impressed with the series, especially the CPR episode. Still, they felt the CPR episode needed some improvement. It bothered them so much that six years later they made a video with some, not all, of the improvements. 
These improvements have not been approved by the American Medical Association. "LOST Parody: The Bravest CPR on TV" 



Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Life isn't about finding yourself. 
Life is about creating yourself. 
George Bernard Shaw

8 comments:

  1. Unobjectively, life has been intense, different, not boring. The highs and lows follow the rhythm of our own moon, is how I feel...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like life has shined on your journey.
      Thank you for adding to this edition

      Delete
  2. Another great read. Happy Saturday.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sunshine of your words

      Delete
  3. There is one thing at which all of us ARE the best: being ourselves. Which can be harder than it sounds. Not trying to remake ourselves to a nameless other person. Accepting who we are, and building on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said.
      Thank you for adding this valuable insight

      Delete
  4. What wonderful tankas, you are so excellent at them! It is interesting where life leads us sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is a wonder
      Thank you for the kindness

      Delete