Saturday, July 30, 2016

The Strange Game to Space Jam 3: Anime Edition 
A person must deal with one strange game 
Wile we laugh at another strange game 


The Strange Game (round) 

You and I are not the same
What is different could be fun
They made us learn a strange new game
Now to play we need a gun.
-
Look at the soldier and my gun
Still there’s a child in me at play
To kill a “play mate” I’m undone
A new lesson for today
-
They taught me to kill you today
Then to a strange place I’m immersed
While you’re shooting seems my way
I must get approval first
-
Time to go home now a new game first
The rules have changed I’m not quite right
Too much confusion to disperse
“Teachers” doomed me to this night
-
Voice from my childhood came that night
It said the strange game was to blame
He promised life would be alright
Nothing quite would be the same



A veteran caught in a riddle make up this round. A round is a poem with no beginning or end. Each stanza is somehow connected to the next. The last stanza is connected back to the first. This round uses the last word of each stanza to connect to the next stanza. In this case the poem's form help to accentuate the poem's message. 

I am not a veteran myself. My experience with veterans comes from my hospital visits, the funerals I performed and my involvement with the Marine Corp's Toys For Tots. Sure, I knew veterans outside these venues. But there was something deeply special about these moments that allowed an outsider a unique view into the hearts and souls of these heroes. One common tale was the training it took to kill another human. Killing another human is wrong. So, for those of us who haven't gone through this training, it is more than simply pulling a trigger. Most soldiers are not sure if they can take another's life until the moment comes. Most of the combat veterans that I have listened to, who have had to kill another, say they have undergone a change because of that moment. This poem is an outsider's view of the torment some veteran's live with. 

Believe it or not, people are basically good. It might be hard to believe with all of the bad news that dominates our media. Keep in mind how many people there are on this planet and we get a perspective of how rare people behaving poorly is. For some reason, bad news sells. That doesn't change the fact that people are basically good. The next time we go out, take note of the examples all around us. Sure we will run into some who are having a bad day or whose mind hasn't turned on yet. But the majority will be good. In fact, I will go so far as to say, we will see a goodness long overlooked. And we we are basically good. Wonder as the world is, as we go out to see the good in others, we get better ourselves. Imagine if everyone focused in the good of others. We know were it all begins. As we go out to change the world, with our smile, our goodness, enjoy.


To go with the poem: Johnny Horton "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" 

Let's take the battle to the basketball court 


Jeremy Shu-How Lin is a professional basketball player for the Brooklyn Nets of the National Basketball Association (NBA) and one of the few Asian Americans in NBA history. He unexpectedly led a winning turnaround with the New York Knicks in 2012, which generated a global following known as "Linsanity". Lin is also a video game fanatic. It is rumored, his dream after he retires, is to dedicate his life to gaming. Which brings to this video by Ryan Higa of nigahiga. 
This just goes to show you, be careful what you wish for. "Space Jam 3: Anime Edition! (ft. Jeremy Lin)" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



It's harder to heal than it is to kill. 
Tamora Pierce

6 comments:

  1. You are right about bad news 'selling'. I believe some time in the past there was an attempt to start up a paper which only reported good news. It failed for lack of business. Which is sad and bad.
    And yes, I firmly believe that most people are good. And that we have many more similarities than differences. And those differences are not a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, about the good news paper that failed. Take my test, about people being good, and don't believe - know.
      Thank you for spreading the light

      Delete
  2. I think you are right about most people being basically good. I think your poem was poignant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, they are.
      Thank you for adding your thoughts

      Delete
  3. I think there are more good people than bad people. Unfortunatly, bad makes the spotlight.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right.
      Thank you for everyting

      Delete