Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Strange Refrain to The Mystery Of The Basket 
Kisses promises relief from the strange noises from outside 
A strange basket promises some relief for a stressed relationship 


Strange Refrains (Shakespearean sonnet) 

Release the minion marching through your mind
Cast off the callus clothing of the day
Your ears are here awaiting to be kind
As arms prepare to share a gentler sway
-
Ring out the rowdy rumors from outside
And take me to the temples of the pain
Warm fingers bring their comfort to provide
As kisses cast us past such strange refrain
-
Refrain some cinder singes from the past
Refrain some straw that strayed to stay awhile
Refrain a chain to sorrows we’ve amassed
Refrain restrains your beauty and your style
-
So help me hold the heaven I adore
Extinguish flames of tattered tales of yore 



The madness of Word Wizardry imitate a world from which kisses promise relief in this Shakespearean sonnet. The entire sonnet is intended to ring out the world's stress and madness. The Word Wizardry is the play of consonants (M - minion, marching, mind) and rhymes within rhymes ear, here). Somewhere in the sonnet is a call for kisses a plea for help. So where are they? If this sonnet was effective, the kiss and the help happened when the last line was through. This sonnet counts on unwritten silence for its completion. After all, there are no words during a kiss. 

As I mentioned before, I enjoyed stress. It wasn't so much the stress, but the sensation when all of a sudden the stress was all gone. I loved my job at Chevron Corporation. They actually paid me to use my imagination. Employees of the company would come to me to get things done and my job was to figure out how to do it. It could be as simple as getting a few copies made or as mind blowing as floating flags in mid air (without strings). Some of my assignments were so stressful that my hands would break out in rashes.Here's where Arlene came in. Although the folks at work didn't notice my hands, Arlene did. Softly, she would thank me. Then she would rub my hands with a "special oil or ointment". Finally Arlene would give me one kiss.  The kiss or the entire ritual, it took my mind away from the world. Most of my projects didn't last long. I would be physically rewarded by the euphoria of going from stress to job well done. Add to this Arlene's ritual and uh la la.

Into each life some stress will come. Even lives as wonderful as ours. The stress may be minor or it may seem insurmountable. High levels of constant stress exposes our body to unhealthy, persistently elevated levels of stress hormones like adrenaline and cortisol, which can lead to heart problems. It is therefore important that we find some sort of escape. Escape can take on, come in many forms. Good intention people will offer their advice. The truth is "escape" is an individual thing. Too often people try to follow advice that is not well suited, meant for them (good as the advice may be).The fact is: we are unique. What works for some may not work for us or it may need modification(s) to meet our needs. It is a big big wold. We are very special. Special enough that there is something in this big big world just for us. And as we experience all that is waiting for just for us, Enjoy. 


To take us off" 2Cellos perform Mumford & Sons "I Will Wait" 

Do you have a magic basket 



The world's first fully synthetic plastic was bakelite, invented in New York in 1907 by Leo Baekeland[4] who coined the term 'plastics' Other than being made of plastic, I don't know if this has anything to do with the magic basket that Troy Kinne found. Troy and his wife were having big problems until he discovered the basket and its powers. 
These baskets are not so rare. I have one at my house. "THE MYSTERY OF THE BASKET" 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind support 


Please leave a comment with your opinion, feedback and/or suggestion(s) or just say hi.
If you missed or want to enjoy a previous edition visit the Blog Archive (on the right column).
Don't forget to bookmark and/or follow http://mhatter99.blogspot.com/
(Sometimes videos may load slow.)

Share Poetry and Viral Videos with a friend 



Being in control of your life and having realistic 
expectations about your day-to-day challenges 
are the keys to stress management, which is 
perhaps the most important ingredient to living 
a happy, healthy and rewarding life. 
Marilu Henner

12 comments:

  1. I always try to relax my mind in a stressful moment and find the possitive outcome. I liked this poem.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the good advice and the complement

      Delete
  2. Oh I needed this post. Finally deleted ...for good... the facebook. I rather cling to the present and positive energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That a way. Cling to the positive. Watch how much more beautiful we become.
      Thank you for spreading your sunshine here

      Delete
  3. Stress can be a killer indeed. And yeah, screw all the unsolicited advice, we have to do what works for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we were a victim "good" advice.
      Glad to see you happy on the road.
      Thank you

      Delete
  4. Stress can spur us on, or whip us. I suspect it depends on whether we apply it to ourselves or accept other people's rulings.
    Glad you had the perfect panacea in Arlene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this addition to this edition.
      Stress comes in many forms and effects people differently, as you know.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you had such soothing rituals. I especially loved the words "So help me hold the heaven I adore
    Extinguish flames of tattered tales of yore"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was magic.
      Thank you for sharing your enjoyment
      May life shine on you

      Delete
  6. Ah -here you are! Been looking for you--following now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to connect wit you.
      Thank you for the insight. I have made it easier to find me.

      Delete